PDA

View Full Version : Flash 5 and Netscape 4.x

Friz
03-08-2001, 08:21 PM
Hello all. This problem has been plaguing me for weeks and I can't seem to get past it. I have a very simple movie, with a nav bar on the main timeline, and those buttons calling everything in movie clips. For some unknown reason, it works fine in IE and in Netscape 6.x+, but in the Netscape 4.x browsers, my movie continuously loops. I have stop actions at the end of the scene (there is only the one scene) and at the end of each movie clip, but everything continously loops. Has anyone else expereinced this problem? Please help. Thanks.
friz

Jesse
03-09-2001, 01:49 AM
Does it work int he standalone Flash player? If so it should work in NS. The likelyhood is that you've got an error in your HTML code.
Post a link to the file here so others can check it out.

Cheers

Jesse

Friz
03-09-2001, 09:46 PM
Yep, it does work in the standalone flash player, though for some reason the music console won't turn off the music...still working on that one...it is it's own swf as are all the music clips, and a blank clip should be loaded onto the same layer...works fine in IE. The buttons on the main timeline all call swf's into blank movie clips, and you may notice that though they pop to the front, other ones move in the background...I am trying to implement some sort of z-sorting array, but it doesn't seem to want to work with swf's loaded into movie clips...though i don't know why. anyway, if you have a chance to take a look, go to http://www.9ammedia.com/flash.htm

thanks
friz

Strok
03-09-2001, 11:08 PM
It works fine for Netscape 4.7
http://www.9ammedia.com/shazam.swf

I think you have some BUG on your computer.

Jesse
03-10-2001, 02:11 AM
Doesn't work for me in NS4.75.
It loops over and over if I clicka button and normally it continues to another HTML page talking about how your site doesn't support NS4.x before I even get a chance to click a button...

There's also a small console which flashes in and out on the right hand side of the screen.

Cheers

Jesse