PDA

View Full Version : Bizzarre Problem with Formmail

Metrov 8
03-08-2001, 11:24 PM
I have created an email submission form in Flash. It uses a pretty standard button trigger: OnRelease....

loadVariablesNum ("http://metrov2000.com/server-scripts/formmail/FormMail.pl", 0, "POST");

Ok, this is the strange part....it works perfectly on my harddrive. But once I publish it to my server, it won't work.

Does anyone have any idea why this could be happening? P.S. I'm not an experienced programmer, so please don't respond in total geek-speak.

Thanks very much, Metrov

Jesse
03-09-2001, 03:49 AM
The first thing to do here is make sure the variables ar ebeing passed.
Changed the call to a GetURL using the GET method and see if the URL comes up with allt he variables in it.
If so you know the form is getting the data and if the form is encounterring an error it should say so on the page you're taken to.

Cheers

Jesse

Metrov 8
03-09-2001, 04:05 AM
Funny, I just now tried using Get URL instead of loadvariableNum. And it worked except...my server has a Formmail.pl script set up that automatically sends you to a redirect page unless you specify one. Well, I don't want a redirect page, I want to stay in Flash. I don't know if there's a way around this unless I ask my server to disable the redirect page, but this is a form for a client who'll be on a different server anyway, so no sense in doing that. I'm just trying to test it now.

I also just found out my server has PHP3 and so I'm going to try the PHP form tutorial here on AS.org and see if I have any better luck.

Thanks, Jesse