PDA

View Full Version : Starfield movie

Potemkyn
10-13-2005, 05:02 PM
Except, there will be more to this than just stars.

Start with a starfield background which includes a nebula.

Fade text(title) in (inside the nebula).

Now for the hard parts.

Zoom in towards the text and pass through it. the stars and nebula move/shift accordingly as the "camera" moves.

Continue moving, crossing the "netral zone" - which appears as a line (fairly low alpha so you can see through it). As movie continues it appears to pass over the line.

Pass by a star or two, a comet, a ship or two, and even a planet.

Slows as we come up on a star system. A ship passes by, approaching a planet.

Maybe I'd better stick with Director MX 2004. :D

Po~

madgett
10-19-2005, 05:41 AM
Lets see the link to your swf. Also, I assume this is 100% actionscript?

Potemkyn
10-19-2005, 02:48 PM
You are funny! :p Actionscript for all this? I wouldn't dream of such.

No, this is still in the planning stage. I started something back in the Spring, but I moved from Texas to Virginia and haven't had time to get back to it. Too much work away from home to do this right now!

I believe this could be done in ActionScript, though, I don't think all of it should be done. Seemed to me that Using Shockwave would be a better choice with the 3D abilities Director has built in.

Opinions and suggestions are very welcome.

:)

Po~

Dylan Marvin
10-20-2005, 06:03 PM
I think you'd have better luck getting responses if you just said:
"Create a camera-controlled starfield with various independent objects."
Let people invent their own "screenplay" to keep it creative. After all, the beauty of Flash is that it's a mixture between the worlds of lofty daydreaming and Prof. Stuffydrawer's advanced math course. Cut out one of those and the fun's gone.

Potemkyn
10-20-2005, 07:02 PM
Good Point! And thus, this thread is now renamed.

So - any takers? Any ideas on how to accomplish any of these ideas? How you might approach this as a whole or in part?

Po~