PDA

View Full Version : Problems with Flash Player 8 settings


-MaIQ-
10-18-2005, 07:06 PM
Hi...
I have movie I just saved as Flash 8, but now my textfields are not showing up.

All of my textfields have a FFF embedded and they all worked just fine but ever since I converted the file to Flash 8 they are not showing up.

This problem seems to be happening only when viewed from within the browser, if you open the swf file, all of the textfields work fine

Also, if I publish with the Flash Player 7 settings the problem is solved both in the swf file and from within the browser.

I have another problem switching from and to Flash Player 8 when using the aligner class from Elvis Mehmedovic http://emehmedovic.com/
The first time I publish the movie I get 3 errors, but if I publish again.. the errors are gone

this is a transcript from the output panel

**Error** C:\Documents and Settings\-MaIQ-\Local Settings\Application Data\Macromedia\Flash 8\en\Configuration\Classes\FP8\System\capabilities .as: Line 7: The name of this class, 'System.capabilities', conflicts with the name of another class that was loaded, 'System'.
{

**Error** Symbol=mcStageBack, layer=Layer 1, frame=1:Line 1: There is no property with the name 'capabilities'.
this._width = System.capabilities.screenResolutionX

**Error** Symbol=mcStageBack, layer=Layer 1, frame=1:Line 2: There is no property with the name 'capabilities'.
this._height = System.capabilities.screenResolutionY

Total ActionScript Errors: 3 Reported Errors: 3


Any ideas ??

natronp
10-19-2005, 05:05 AM
yeah, i noticed that too. you need to re-embed your font within flash 8 to get them to show up again. Flash 8's new font rendering must be a whole new ballgame...

madgett
10-19-2005, 05:48 AM
Rename that aligner class to something other than System...not sure why they did that because that is a reserved keyword in Flash.

-MaIQ-
10-19-2005, 10:34 PM
I just figured it out...

I't was my fault, I had a problem with my Flash Player instalation...
I re-installed the player and the problem with the textfields was solved

But... the problem with the align class is still there... (well... not really.. as it only happens the first time I publish the movie after switching the Flash Player Settings) after publishing for the first time... there are no more errors.

Thank you !