PDA

View Full Version : Broken Compiler

Dae
10-22-2005, 01:04 AM
Hey,

Alright I know its not broken.. but the thing wont recognise I've made changes to my imported actionscript files, so when I publish it, and then preview it I get results from old actionscript versions of my files. So it must be using old cache's of my file.

Right now I keep getting these trace messages that DO NOT exist in my .as file, they used to, but not anymore. This is very annoying. Its probably the reason I couldn't track this bug that popped out of no where last night.

Anyone mind explaining?

Thanks

EDIT: Nevermind. Apparently even if you overwrite some files with some other backups, and then compile the other fla, it wont use those files. It wont use any files until they have been saved to that directory - I guess flash makes a copy of them or something. So I had to make a few spaces somewhere and save the files again for flash to realize they are new.

jjbilly
10-26-2005, 08:25 AM
The classes do indeed get cached - Mike Chambers has produced a pair of commands that clear the cache before you publish.

Google "mike chambers" "aso cache clearing" to get them. The commands will appear in your Commands menu, but then you can set up a keyboard shortcut so that ctrl-enter will call 'clear cache and compile', so that your test movies always use your latest versions.