PDA

View Full Version : Another embedd font flash 8 issue

shizny
11-01-2005, 10:27 PM
Hello, I've been embedding fonts just fine until flash 8. I have also read through numerous posts here and have not found an answer to what my problem is. Here is my problem. I have a linked movieclip in my library that contains a dynamic text field. On frame one of my movie I have a dynamic text field sitting outsite of the viewable area which embeddeds the font that I use in my previously mentioned textfield. I am getting the text to show up but I can't

1) change the size to anything but what is already set in the properties box of the text field of the attached clip
2)change the color to anything else but what is already set in the properties box of the text field that I attach.

I have tried putting the fonts in the library as different sizes and exporting on frame one. I have tried including more "dummy" textfields outside of the viewable area for colors and sizes but no dice. This sucks. I thought I had it all working in flash 7. One other thing. in the text field I am using html text with css to change fonts. Example below

text example

<span class="AvenirBig'>text text text</span><span class="smallAv"> more more more </span>

and css example

.AvenirBig {
font-family: "Avenir";
font-size: 16px;
color: #535c15;
}

This sucks.

shizny
11-01-2005, 11:16 PM
I'm a jackass. Got it fixed. typo-o-fun