PDA

View Full Version : Flash Lite apps using PHP & MySQL?

mgomez03
11-16-2005, 04:53 PM
I'm starting to noodle around a bit with mobile apps since Flash 8 came out and was wondering if anyone knew if there are any mobile apps out there that use PHP/MySQL on the backend? Is it even possible yet?

With Flash Lite 2.0 on the horizon with a Flash 7 code base and support for AS 2.0, I'm getting pretty curious to see if it's possible to make a Flash Lite app that communicates via PHP with an external MySQL database.

CyanBlue
11-16-2005, 05:32 PM
Howdy... :)

I've moved the thread to this forum... I wish we have FlashLite forum, but we don't... :(

You sure can do that with FL1.1... I saw people doing that at the MAX with loadVariables() functions with the loop to check if the data is loaded or not...

To be honest with you Flash does not really care what you do with PHP... It doesn't matter whether you create/modify/delete the MySQL database or not... It only cares the final output from the PHP which should be 'variableName=value&variableName=value' format... Flash should be fine as long as it gets the data that way... ;)

quincewyss
05-28-2008, 07:55 AM
Use the PHP MySQl pannel for FLash AS2 and AS3 by Peak Studios http://peakstudios.com There's a link from their home page to it. it will take care of all you database needs and works with Flashlite.