PDA

View Full Version : older flash detect problem with player 8

subx
11-18-2005, 10:03 AM
I just went back to an old project done in MX which uses Flash's own automatically generated Flash detect method - but in Flash player 8 the Flash component of the detect method does not seem to redirect (the meta refresh ends up sending you to the get flash page). Everything still works fine in player 7.

Am I going mad or has Macromedia really made a player that doesn't work with their own previous detection code?

N.B. this is under IE 6 SP1, not sure about other browsers.

subx
11-21-2005, 09:16 AM
No one else found this problem? I've encountered it with every PC I've tried so far.

If what I've observed is the case, it really screws things up, since if you fail detections you will often be instructed to go and get the latest version of Flash, and if you have the latest version you will never pass detection. Catch 22.

instantpop
11-23-2005, 05:19 PM
Happening for me as well, both on Mac and PC. I've got Flash 8 installed on my machine and Flash 7 projects prompt me to update. Not sure how to get around it.

subx
11-28-2005, 10:56 AM
Good to hear I'm not the only one having this problem.

Although that said, today the same Flash detection page seems to work without problem - which probably makes this bug worse...