PDA

View Full Version : Corrupt FLA (saved and created in 8)

Summerschool23
11-21-2005, 05:21 PM
I created a file in flash 8, and have been working on it for a long time. It has always saved, opened and exported fine, but the last time I was using flash something happened. Flash was running slow (I think because I exported a movie with a never-ending loop and i had to end its script), so I decided to close flash. I saved my file and closed the open file window. Then I closed flash, but when I did this it aqsked me if I wanted to save my file, I hit yes, flash asked again, i hit no, then again it asked, i hit cancel, it asked again... so I just used Crt-Alt-Del and ended flash(thinking my file was saved for my first save). The next day I tried to open it and got "error occurred opening file 'filename.fla'". Thats it, I can't open it. I'm wondering if anyone either knows of something to fix the corrupt fla, or at least a good flash 8 decomplier, becuase I think my current exported file is what I last saved.

Grant B
11-22-2005, 05:10 AM
I only have sothink swf decompiler 2004mx.

If your swf isn't protected by Amayeta Swf Encrypt then I might be able to get some of it for you. (Amayeta protects the actionscript).

If you want to email the swf to grantjbarker at hotmail dot com then I'll have a go.

Otherwise I haven't tried decompiling a Flash 8 swf before.

Feel free,

Grant.