PDA

View Full Version : PDF in Flash?

motoxpress
11-24-2005, 03:49 PM
Is it possible to embed PDF files in flash? I am guessing a flash paper doc would be simpler but, I would like to do PDF if possible.

-mx

shassouneh
11-24-2005, 04:38 PM
Is it possible to embed PDF files in flash? I am guessing a flash paper doc would be simpler but, I would like to do PDF if possible.

-mx

You most definately CAN but you must be aware of several downsides:

1.) Imposrting PDF means importing every single page in the PDF document and converting it into a keyframe in flash. The result is one huge ugly item in your library, OR a bunch of frame in your time line, as well as HUGE file size (I have tried this myself).

2.) I would advise you to import such a PDF file into an fla file all by itself, and use MovieClipLoader to load the SWF file. This makes things a.) neater and more importantly b.) you can pre-load the SWF file contaiing your PDF

3.) If you insist on maintaining the PDF file, then I suggest you just leave it as-is and providing an HTML or flash link to it! :D :)

I hope this helps

jdmabry
11-30-2005, 03:24 AM
what about flashpaper? Wouldnt that solve the problem?

303 maddec
11-30-2005, 08:49 AM
If you work on a local project for a cd-r for example, you can use third party tools for playing pdfs natively.

But you should definetely use Flash Paper if you aren't stopped by some limitations/bugs of fpp...