PDA

View Full Version : Flash Player Problem on PocketPc

dojacobson
12-02-2005, 10:46 AM
Hi all,
I've been busy with this problem for a while now, and I would very much appreciate it if someone could help me out on this.

I'm trying to make a button that turns of the light in a room, but also that can turn it on. I don't have any problems when I run the app on my pc in Flash Player 8.
When I wrap the whole thing in ZINC and install it on my pocket Pc I can use the buttons I created only once, instead of an infinite times.

The first time I wrapped it I published it for Flash Player 6 with optimization for r65, because I thought that was necessary for PocketPC. A bit later on I ran my mind on this brainspin, and realized that it shouldn't make a difference if I published it for Flash Player 8. I was going to wrap up the whole thing anyway, so tried that. But nothing changed.

Since the whole thing works in FlashPlayer 8 on my pc, I think that there is something with OR the way it is wrapped OR something with my PocketPC.

Does someone know if the pda automatically disconnects with the server after executing an action? Would be kinda weird, since I used a function to hold the connection open, and this one also works on my pc...

Could someone please help me out? Thanks in advance!

Suicidal.Banana
12-02-2005, 01:43 PM
the main reason for this is that flash on pocketpc / smartphone is far from complete, at the current time theres only a beta, wich disconnects randomlly and where 50% of the as wont work.

though i couldnt tell you how to fix it, srry but better stick to flash pc until pocketpc/smartphone flash is improved

dojacobson
12-02-2005, 02:47 PM
that's kinda weird, because in all the documentation I could find it should be possible to use AS 2.0, because flashplayer 6 converts it all to AS1.

Besides that, flash for smart phone is way different than flash for pocket pc.
Thanks for the comments anyway, hope that there will be changes in it soon!

yker22
12-02-2005, 04:16 PM
Hello,
Remember that flash player for pocket PC is in version 6 and that any AS command intended for version 7 and 8 will not work in 6.
Greetings

dojacobson
12-06-2005, 07:35 AM
Hello,
Remember that flash player for pocket PC is in version 6 and that any AS command intended for version 7 and 8 will not work in 6.
Greetings
Hey,

I've kept that in mind. So isn't it strange that I can use a button only once?
For it I only used this:

button_btn.onRelease = function {
blabla; }

It does work and can be used like this since Flash 6.

hmmmzz... and now I'm thinking over it, I think I possibly may have found an anwser.

The button I use is a movieclip with two buttons inside, so I can use it as a toggle button. Maybe the player doesn't like it when I put a stop(); in the timeline AS. Would be kinda weird as well.. but we never know if we don't try...

Gonna cut out the other state button, and see what happens...
ltrz