PDA

View Full Version : object/embed and new ActiveX

Caravaggio
12-05-2005, 12:28 PM
"In short, pages using APPLET, EMBED, or OBJECT elements will work differently. Instead of loading and running automatically, the UI for each element will not appear until activated by the users via a mouse click or pressing space/enter if the object is in focus. Developers may need to modify how their pages load ActiveX controls, but aside from the extra mouse click or key press, users will see little difference. All new copies of Windows XP, Windows Server 2003, and Windows Vista will ship with the modified Internet Explorer, and current users will likely have their copies of IE updated via Windows Update."

Full Story from Ars Technica (http://arstechnica.com/news.ars/post/20051204-5681.html)

Don't know if I'm late to the game on this one, but I hadn't heard anything about having to change the function of how flash objects will be handled by the browser. I'm just trying to wrap my brain around how much of a pain this could be to go back and make my flash files compatible.

Anyway, sorry if old news and/or wrong forum, but was wondering what peoples thoughts on this development are.