PDA

View Full Version : what, why and How use JSFL files in flash

saAction
12-06-2005, 05:40 AM
hi

i have project that can copy some JSFL files from one to another folder using SWF files. i just read flash help i found jsfl file can do that but how that i dont know.

is it possible, that we can copy past file in SWF file? if yes how?

hangalot
12-06-2005, 02:20 PM
no its not. read the manual in regards to what jsfl is

saAction
12-08-2005, 09:30 AM
i have a project to do dynamic photo to album.

my requirement is to create
1) new album
2) add images
3) selecte sound.
4) create new folder.
5) save all selected images and sound in that folder and other files(xml).
6) see that album any time.

how it is posible by flash (SWF) file.

jjbilly
12-08-2005, 11:30 AM
Are you wondering whether Flash is the right technology to use? Are you intending to make an application that the end user is using to manipulate their local files?

JSFL is used to automate Flash development - it is not something that's part of the Flash player.

SWFs are normally sandboxed in browsers. Therefore, if you are using Flash in this project, you are going to need to use something else to do the local file manipulation.

There are some off-the-shelf third-party extensions to do this that you can use if you are keen to develop in Flash. you can find plenty by googling.

What you won't then be delivering to your users is an swf; instead you will have to distribute an exe.

saAction
12-08-2005, 01:14 PM
there for i must have any third party to create this kind of tool.

thanks all,

need your ideas...:)

mstallone
01-05-2006, 07:27 PM
Without using 3rd Party software, is it possible to manipulate local files even if I give my end users an exported exe? I am able to manipulate the local files if I am running in the IDE (created a panel, that movie called some jsfl stuff), but I am unable to do the same operations if I run the .swf file, or an exported .exe file.

Is this correct: JSFL will not allow you to manipulate local files if you are not running the movie inside the IDE.

That's the root of my questions.

Thanks for your help and patience,

**Mike

jjbilly
01-06-2006, 10:23 AM
That's right. JSFL is only there to allow you to automate Flash development.