PDA

View Full Version : flash 8 , preloader, attachMovie

peptobismol
12-06-2005, 06:26 AM
does flash 8 have any new function for creating a preloader for swfs with attachMovies?

as we all know flash exports MCs to the first frame for attachMovies and therefore a preloader is useless.
there are ways around this like a another swf loading the target swf.. but very clunky.

thanks,

rendall
12-07-2005, 02:05 PM
You can uncheck 'export in first frame' when you set your link attributes for the library asset. Then a preloader should work fine.

ShadowOfSilence
02-28-2006, 01:43 PM
you have to not only set the link properties to not export in the first frame, if your using components, you have to set the global property as well...
goto publish settings, flash tab, actionscript settings, and change it in the textbox there to frame 2 insted of 1.
I found that the hard way...:rolleyes:

oldnewbie
02-28-2006, 02:04 PM
Very clunky?

I've been proposing this since MX came out... 20 or so lines of code... That I use as a template, just changing the name of the current movie to preload...

IMHO, much more easier than unchecking a bunch of boxes and/or changing them to frame 2, dragging instances on stage of attached movie clips and or soundObjects and not setting up new fonts in the Library...

But I guess that's just personal.