PDA

View Full Version : Using unselected objects

Aubreyff
12-13-2005, 08:53 PM
Hi Everyone,

So here goes! I am learning about flash extensions, and I would like to build a command that adds ActionScript to a layer. I would like the command to add actionscript using values that are defined in an instance or defined in a variable from the flash document. I would love to be able to do this without selecting the objects or variables.

If that cannot be done, I would at least want to trace defined values from within the fla file (not having focused on the specific element to find the value).

I am unclear on how to retrieve information from the instance of the flash object within the jsfl file without selecting it.

Can you help me figure this out?

Thanks
Aubrey

jjbilly
12-15-2005, 08:46 AM
Do you mean without being selected by the user? I presume you do.

Because JSFL often works by using JSFL to mimic user interaction, (a good place to find lots of the basic commands is the history panel), you sometimes need to 'select' items in the course of your code to get things done. If your concern is to not change the current selection as a result of your code, then just store a reference to the original selection and reset to this once your code has been executed.

Library items can be found by itemising through the library; to find things on the timelines, you need to navigate down through the DOM.

I hope this helps a bit.

j

Aubreyff
12-15-2005, 06:52 PM
It does help.

I never used the history panel before. :)

Aubrey