PDA

View Full Version : Publishing multiple SWFs as 1 single EXE

ickwong
12-14-2005, 08:11 AM
Hi there! I'm a Flash newbie, and currently making a multi-parts presentation movie which later is going to be put into a CD.

Basically, I've now created the different parts of the movie as separate SWFs in which there are links to other parts (using "loadMovie("xxx.swf", _root)"). The reason of producing it in separate SWFs instead of putting all on a single timeline is that I thought it would be easier for myself and also to avoid a huge file size.

Now the problem is, when I try to publish the movie as a projector (EXE) file, it seems that I can only publish one SWF as one EXE at a time, and not multiple SWFs as one EXE. So can anyone please tell me if it's not allowed to do this in Flash??? (But I know Macromedia Director does allow this way of publishing) And if it's really not allowed, what are the alternatives??? Do I need to re-do the whole thing in a single SWF???
Please help! Thanks a million in advance!

CyanBlue
12-14-2005, 11:58 AM
Howdy and Welcome... :)

Flash will only generate one EXE file and the rest of the SWF files will be still needed to run...

You will need to use third party projector tools such as Zinc, SWF Studio or mProjector to achieve your goal...

ickwong
12-15-2005, 09:32 AM
Thanks CyanBlue! I've tried that in SWF Studio and it does work!

silverfish
01-27-2006, 12:15 AM
CyanBlue, your answer helped me, too - thanks!

Here's a followup question: can the 3rd party tools you mention also
be used to include filetypes other than .swf in the bundle e.g. audio
file or .xml? My .swf loads other .swf's as well as .mp3's and .xml's
(for configuration etc).

CyanBlue
01-30-2006, 02:32 AM
I 'think' I did just that with mProjector if my memory serves me correctly...