PDA

View Full Version : Goto Next (generally)?

Voevod
12-19-2005, 10:05 PM
Hello... brand new here

I am wondering if there is a simple procedure/action script that will do what I used to do in Director all the damn time... "GoNext Frame" and the play from there until told to stop.

Basically... I'm making a picture slideshow with about 190 photos. I would like to make a simple "Next" button that just advances to the "Next" marker...not a prenamed one. OR..go to the next frame even and play forward from there, until the next Stop Action.

Is there a simple way to do this without breaking up the button, and asigning diff marker jumps ... like 200 times >.< ? Please advise.

Cheers,

Cota
12-19-2005, 10:22 PM
You have a few options, play() being the most likely one, or nextFrame().

Voevod
12-19-2005, 10:36 PM
thnx Cota.. but I have tried this "nextFrame();"

But it goes to that "next" frame and stops...I was hoping to find something that would go to the next frame and then continue playing to the next Stop action.

The reason for my wanting it this way, is so that I can do a fade-in of the images. If not... Im canning the fade part :D

Cheers,

Cota
12-19-2005, 10:52 PM
then play() will do the trick...it will start the playhead from where ever it is.

ASG
12-20-2005, 01:35 AM
or you could just use the nextFrame(); command and then on the frame that this command would make the playhead stop on put the play(); command then the stop(); command where ever you want it to stop

not sure if this will work - but it should

Voevod
12-20-2005, 05:36 PM
Yay! Everything is working just fine now. Thanks for the helpful suggestions guys. :)