PDA

View Full Version : Problem dynamic and input text flash 8

bartlaugs
12-20-2005, 02:50 PM
Hello,

I have got a problem with putting dynamic text fields in to my flash file. When I'm working on the fla file I can see the dynamic text fields. But when I push ctrl+enter the swf doesn't show the dynamictext or input field. But when I openen a new document I can create a dynamic text field and can also see the field in the swf.

Has any body encountered this problem before. Really need some help.

Greetings Bart

PreCoder
12-21-2005, 12:02 AM
G'day there,
Sounds to me like you have a font that isn't embedded....

Depending on how you are creating your textfield, use one of the following 2 options:

1. If you are dynamically loading text, i.e. using createEmptyTextField(), then make sure that you have embedded the particular font symbol in the library, and then reference it using textField.embedFont = true while creating the textfield. Also ensure that it is exported in the first frame of the movie, or suitably preloaded.

Or

2. If you are simply placing the textfield on the stage, and making it dynamic, ensure that you have the font set embedded in the textfield itself by clicking on the 'Embed...' button in the textfield property inspector, and getting it to auto fill. Hope this helps :rolleyes:

lionseyeball
01-12-2006, 02:03 PM
Embedding fonts doesn't work anymore in Flash 8.

http://www.actionscript.org/forums/showthread.php3?t=87189&highlight=dynamic+text+embed

Please go there, read the thread, and prove me wrong!!-)

mike

donaldparkerii
01-20-2006, 07:37 AM
I have that same problem.

lionseyeball
01-20-2006, 01:29 PM
It appears that the only way to reliably embed and animate text in dynamic text fields is to creat font symbols in the library, and create a font symbol for each of the styles you want to use, ie: myArial, myArialBold, myArialItalic, myArialBoldItalic. It isn't exactly efficient, but it works. Here is a tutorial on using font symbols:

LiveDocs: http://livedocs.macromedia.com/flash/8/main/wwhelp/wwhimpl/common/html/wwhelp.htm?context=LiveDocs_Parts&file=00000527.html (http://livedocs.macromedia.com/flash/8/main/wwhelp/wwhimpl/common/html/wwhelp.htm?context=LiveDocs_Parts&file=00000527.html)

What they don't tell you is that, though the font appears with an asterisk in the properties inspector, while creating a textFormat object you only type the name of your font symbol (myArial instead of myArial*).

Hope this helps!

mike

donaldparkerii
01-23-2006, 09:09 PM
I dont think you understanding the problem correctly (please excuse me if that was a little rude) but please check out http://metacoast.com/Mission%20Capital/ under contact, and notice that there is a text inputfield next to name phone email and message, and the request info are check boxes, I dont know what is happening. This is alsstarting to happen to all my file files with the UI componets.
thanks you for your time
Donald

lionseyeball
01-24-2006, 04:03 AM
I think I understand. You have an input text field that doesn't show up. I've had this problem, and it is usually solved through embedding the font. With the advent of Flash 8, usually became usedtobe:-) Have you tried embedding the font in the properties panel or AS for the input text field? If that didn't work, try creating a font symbol and choosing that font in the properties panel or AS for the input text field.

donaldparkerii
01-24-2006, 06:30 PM
now flash it doing this wil all of my components www.metacoast.com/beta check it out, I build my while portfolio and one day it started doing that. PS thanks for your help with the embed text ill try that when i get home from work. Thanks for your help I really do appericate it. Donald

lionseyeball
01-24-2006, 08:10 PM
Did you re-publish that stuff with Flash 8 and then it stopped working?

It's a pain in the butt, but you should definitely try to create a font symbol (one for every font/style pair, like Arial/Bold, Arial/Regular, Arial/Italic, ComicSans/Bold, etc) and manually (or through actionscript if you're using textFormat objects) and choose your new font symbol for each text field. Try it on one or two and see what happens. I'm not sure how this will apply to any Components you are using.

I hope this helps.

mike

jntech
01-10-2008, 10:05 PM
For Arial+Bold dynamic textfield, enable html format and try to fill in it like:

textfield_instanceName.htmlText = "<b>"+your_text+"</b>"

There's no need to embed any font.