PDA

View Full Version : content link code ..help !

extreme creation
12-24-2005, 04:53 PM
Hi all , okay well iam building a website using flash 8

and hopefully 1 day i will reach a proffesional status ..like those guys extreme creator's like the Nike site & Volvo ..

as a designer & animator iam a proffesional ..but when it come's to action script iam a real dork ! :D

iam stuck on that , ya you know ! opening content in the same window

i can get my invisible navigation buttons to open in the same window but a url ....a new browser window ,the script would be _blank" using

inv_btn.onRelease = function(){
getURL("http://index.html", "_self");
};

every following button has a different instance name though ..example . ind_btn , inc_btn ..ex ex .. this is what needs to be done as i understand ?

so what is it ? just for opening new content in the next frame (same window), everytime my navigation buttons are clicked

the site starts with an intro (iam still looking for a cool loader :D) then it ends
about 200 frames down ..with a stop(); command , text "enter site"

click , we are suppose to be in the next frame with my navigation & window !??...
now what ?? all i want is text content to show in the movie window everytime a button is clicked

i know the script is simple , but i just cant get it ..any help ..please ..peace

J_Miller
12-28-2005, 02:45 AM
When you say window, are you referring to a new browser window, a different frame on the same page, or are you referring to something inside of the Flash file? Maybe you could post the file, or a link to the page so we can see exactly what your referring too?

Thanks!