PDA

View Full Version : Using JSFL to streamline production tasks

thirdgear
12-30-2005, 04:05 PM
I am trying to get a better understanding of what is possible with JSFL. I understand that it is possible to automate authoring tasks in the flash environment, and that the API provides the ability to perform various file operations such as reading the contents of a file.

I would like to know if it is possible to process the contents of a file if it was in XML format. What I would like to do would be to describe a series of tasks in XML format, and then use a JSFL script to read the XML data, and then generate the corresponding flash elements accordingly. Does anyone have any experience parsing XML from within a JSFL script, or are there any resources online which might help?

Thanks in advance!

senocular
12-30-2005, 04:16 PM
I dont know what JSFL has specifically for XML, but you can run JSFL commands through Flash panels/dialogs so any parsing Flash can do, you can pretty much get that to JSFL too.

hangalot
12-31-2005, 02:15 PM
have you tried to just create a new XML object and using flFile to populate it. does it return undefined?? also instead of doing that i would advise you to look at ant.