PDA

View Full Version : flash player window size

GCHEVALIER
01-01-2006, 11:43 PM
Hello everyone!
I've created a 650x406 pixel animation and I'm facing a problem over here...
When I test my movie (Ctrl+Enter) the player window has the exact size of the animation, but when I publish it, the player window is pretty taller than my stage size, leaving two narrow white stripes under and over the animation...
anyone can tell me what is going on? I'm worried about that, because my client wants it to play as an exe file, so its window must be correct...
by the way, in the first frame, I'm using these actions:

fscommand("showmenu", "false");
fscommand("fullscreen", "false");
Stage.scaleMode = "noScale";

thanks for the help!

CHEVALIER

Sunny13
01-02-2006, 02:36 AM
check for the dimensions in the published file.... open the html in the text editor and set the dimensions

GCHEVALIER
01-03-2006, 09:29 AM
check for the dimensions in the published file.... open the html in the text editor and set the dimensions

thanks for the help... but how is that: "open the html"? I'm publishing an exe file...

thanks again!

outlando
01-03-2006, 01:40 PM
I think it might be something to do with hiding the menu. I had a similar issue when I was building an app for my work, if you're hiding the "File", "Edit", "View" etc menus at the top of the app, the window doesn't resize exactly.

I never actually found a way round it, I just had to put up with it :(

autoportret
01-03-2006, 01:50 PM
I had this problem too one time. I resolved in a way in which I am not very pleased but can be usefull to you. after you pulled out the menu you can resize the height of scene with some pixels and center it again on vertical

at least you can try this....

outlando
01-03-2006, 02:28 PM
One thing that might work: have you tried Zinc? It's a program by (I think) MDM, which will re-package your Flash projector. You can include any external files which might be incorporated, such as XML or image files, compress the whole lot and turn it all into one file. Jugglor by FlashJester does much the same.

I do know that with Zinc you can make the background of the .exe transparent, and remove the border - this might help with your white space issue?

Sunny13
01-04-2006, 03:19 AM
Just right click the published document and open it in say notepad... then set the dimensions as required... i think it must wrok...

oldnewbie
01-04-2006, 03:26 AM
fscommand("showmenu", "false");
fscommand("fullscreen", "true");
fscommand("allowscale", "false");