PDA

View Full Version : Open QT from proj.

Neona
02-19-2002, 11:21 AM
Hej!
I need some help. Im making a CDrom with flash and QuickTime films. I want the flash bit to be a projector and then link to films that are shown externaly in a Quicktime window. I guess there should be an actionscript with the buttons.....
Thanks!!!!!
Neona
:p

the cat
02-19-2002, 02:14 PM
Hi Neona

Can u please tell me if ur using a mac or pc? I have done exactly the same thing and I can give you a hand.

The Cat

Neona
02-19-2002, 02:23 PM
Hej,
Im working on Mac but it should prefferably work on both Mac and PC.

Hope you an help me, thanks again.

Neona:p

the cat
02-19-2002, 02:41 PM
This is for Mac

What you need to do first is create a disk image. If you go to Sherlock and look for "disk Copy". Open the application and then select "Image" , "Create New Image". Name it and place it where you want to.

Then you need to to create an "apple script" that Flash talks to which will allow the QT file to open. So open up "Script Editor" which you can obtain from Sherlock. Type in the following script:

tell application "Finder"
activate
select file "name of your QT file" of disk "name of your disk image"
open selection
end tell

then save this script but remember what you have saved it as.

In Flash type in this code (you'll be assigning this to the button I take it)

on (release) {
fscommand ("exec", "name of your applescript"
}

Then Create a projector of your swf.

Then drop your projector file, swf file, applescript file and QT file into the disk image you created and it should work!!

Good Luck!!

the cat
02-19-2002, 02:42 PM
This is for Mac

What you need to do first is create a disk image. If you go to Sherlock and look for "disk Copy". Open the application and then select "Image" , "Create New Image". Name it and place it where you want to.

Then you need to to create an "apple script" that Flash talks to which will allow the QT file to open. So open up "Script Editor" which you can obtain from Sherlock. Type in the following script:

tell application "Finder"
activate
select file "name of your QT file" of disk "name of your disk image"
open selection
end tell

then save this script but remember what you have saved it as.

In Flash type in this code (you'll be assigning this to the button I take it)

on (release) {
fscommand ("exec", "name of your applescript")
}

Then Create a projector of your swf.

Then drop your projector file, swf file, applescript file and QT file into the disk image you created and it should work!!

Good Luck!!