PDA

View Full Version : http://www.tca-ex.tk

TCA-eX
01-24-2006, 08:33 PM
web site: http://www.tca-ex.tk (sv 2 - the fall)
e-mail: [email protected]

description: This is TCA-eX's personal web page.

goliatone
01-25-2006, 04:51 PM
hey, quick question...are you paying for the tk domain? if not, how did you get rid of the banner and all that?

Cota
01-25-2006, 05:17 PM
page can not be displayed.....

goliatone
01-25-2006, 05:26 PM
it works for me in IE and FF...

Cota
01-25-2006, 05:34 PM
I'm using IE6 and wont display

Headshotz
01-25-2006, 08:51 PM
hey, quick question...are you paying for the tk domain? if not, how did you get rid of the banner and all that?

.tk has switched from banners to popup windows, try turning your popup blocker off and viewing it.

Headshotz
01-25-2006, 08:54 PM
Site isnt bad, I just think its strange how all the content comes up in the navigation.

TCA-eX
01-25-2006, 09:32 PM
Thank you for your opinion Headshotz. I tried to build an original site, so I integrated the content area of the site with the navigation menu.

Goliatone, even if you have a paid ‘tk’ domain or only a free limited ‘tk’ domain you can choose to display or not to display the banners, popup windows or the stop screen. To set your options enter in the marketing section of your registered ‘tk’ domain.

Cota, since October 2004, since the TCA-eX.tk (http://www.tca-ex.tk) site is on the web, it never happened to me to see the message that the page cannot be displayed. I tested the web page on: Opera, Firefox and Internet Explorer and it is working properly.

Any others opinions will be appreciated.

Headshotz
01-25-2006, 09:36 PM
Its good that its original.

I tested the site on IE, FF, Safari, Opera and windoze and on mac...

Works fine...

goliatone
01-25-2006, 09:42 PM
Site isnt bad, I just think its strange how all the content comes up in the navigation.
i agree...i would say that, since your content is placed in an unusual place, just make it a bit bigger (plus bigger font size) so people can atually see it properly.

;) tnx for the info TCA-ex, i guess i didnt really bother to look 'round there. Im just doing some stuff for some friends which dont want to spend any $. Now the .tk domain seems a pretty nice option.
Do you get to host it for free too?(if i have an alternative, i wont host it myself)

TCA-eX
02-05-2006, 09:21 PM
Small font size is always a problem when we speak about reading, but try to see it as a part of the design. However to increase the readability of text in flash (especially concerning to dynamic and input text), and in general, I suggest you to use the ClearType method instead of the Standard one.

Goliatone, currently I do not take money (from Internet related thinks), as a result I do not give money. If you would like to do some stuff for some friends, remember that ‘Dot TK’ only offers free domain names, not free hosting space.

goliatone
02-06-2006, 09:47 AM
Small font size is always a problem when we speak about reading, but try to see it as a part of the design. However to increase the readability of text in flash (especially concerning to dynamic and input text), and in general, I suggest you to use the ClearType method instead of the Standard one.
buddy, i guess is the same ol issue. Usability vs. Design...sometimes its a choice de designer can take. Im not going to argue about that.

your goal was to make an "original site".
ok, to do it original, you "integrated the content area of the site with the navigation menu"...
but you have so little content...and the little content you have, its in such a small font size that its barely possible to read...then, its like you have no content.
ok, thats fine. Then, its not what you have to say...its how you say it, so its about design.
But, if you want to make an impression via design to your visitors...well, your only design element is ONE static img for all the sections...which resumes in one thing: what you offer in the site is given away in ten seconds.
-----------
remember that ‘Dot TK’ only offers free domain names, not free hosting space.

i know that...i was just wondering if you knew of any free hosting option. For work purposes i only relly on paid hosting (we usually host in our server), so im not aware of any good free hosting provider now that i have some stuff that i wont get any $ from it...

tnx for your advices. ;)

Headshotz
02-07-2006, 06:29 AM
http://www.freewebs.com

Meh, its free, no php support.

TCA-eX
02-07-2006, 10:47 AM
I appreciate your comment, goliatone!

If we can not see the small font size as a part of the design, then we have to break it apart and obtain two general parts: functionality (usability) and design, exactly how you said. On a good web site there is no battle between design and functionality. On a well done site the design go unarmed with the functionality. I think that the creator of a site should select them both.

Maybe for ones, surely for others, the functionality, to be more specific the readability of my site is currently affected by the small font size. And the small font size makes the text hardly possible to read (but, to mention, not impossible). Also to mention, if something is very small and you can not see it, this does not mean that that something does not exist, that 'it is like you have no' something.

Because a web site should have 'usability' and its 'usability' is given by the visitors of the site, I will increase, in the near future, the font size. Looking at the other part, the design, I will change it, but I let the time to decide when (it's only three and sev… something, there it's time…).

A free hosting provider that offers some nice options (50 MB, PHP support, un-metered bandwidth, import FTP feature, guestbook, form mail, message board, MySQL database, 2 MB file limit, including zip files) is hp-h.com (http://hp-h.com). Of course, there are a lot of others free hosting providers, but I recommend this one for the ‘some stuff’.

TCA-eX
02-09-2006, 12:10 AM
http://www.tca-ex.tk

Font size increased as follow:
- menu text: from 12 font size to 13;
- content text: from 10 font size to 12.
Design refined: the ONE static image and the menu buttons.

Headshotz
02-09-2006, 06:54 AM
=D Hosting service is nice ;)

Cota
02-09-2006, 06:56 AM
ok....I still cant see it in IE....

Headshotz
02-09-2006, 06:59 AM
Maybe cotas just special.

Cota
02-09-2006, 07:03 AM
This bothers me, why cant I see it in IE..

Headshotz
02-09-2006, 07:07 AM
Ive tested in in IE on every spare computer I come across (yes your that important I give up work time :p) and I cant seem to get the error you are getting.

Cota
02-09-2006, 07:08 AM
I dont get it..all my security settings are set to low...This is odd

Cota
02-09-2006, 07:10 AM
Doesnt work in FF for me either...

Headshotz
02-09-2006, 07:10 AM
Have you tried resetting it to defaults?

Cota
02-09-2006, 07:11 AM
I tried that....this is wierd...

Headshotz
02-09-2006, 07:13 AM
Probably a long shot guess but firewall security settings? Router security settings?

Still even I dont see how that could be changing it...

Cota
02-09-2006, 11:52 AM
maybe I'm using the wrong link...

TCA-eX
10-03-2006, 08:22 PM
Since my last post from this thread, the site (http://www.tca-ex.tk) has ‘suffered’ some major modifications, modifications that I did not mention at the time they were made.

The plan is to go forward with this site and from 09 October 2006 to change it (not to modify the current one, how it happened before). Inside this version of the site (v2 ‘the fall’) there is ‘more’ then you can simply see just by navigating through the menus, through the site. Because this version will be soon replaced, I decided to not leave this something ‘more’ unknown; otherwise, it will be, similar to how E. Howe said, like winking at a girl in the dark: you know what you are doing, but no one else does.

What should you do to see that ‘more’? And after that, which is the requested keys combination and why? If I answer to these questions directly, the entire amenity, the entire charm will be lost. That is why I put you these questions.

To attract some more interest in finding out the solution, I will offer to the one who will firstly answer, on this forum, to the questions, before 09 October 2006, a direct link from my site to his/her web site. The link will be placed on the main page for a period of 21 days. So start searching!

Giving the right answer may seem difficult, because of this, in the near future, I will give more guidelines. I hope you will enjoy this.

PS
Cota, is it working now at you? I ask this, because, in the meantime, I changed the background host.

TCA-eX
10-06-2006, 11:01 PM
No response yet! Here is some help, the answer to the first question.

What should you do to see that ‘more’?

There are three steps to be followed, they can be passed in any order, I will list them after their degree of difficulty, from the easiest to be accomplished to the hardest.
1. Move the volume slider (placed in the right down corner of the site) to the left until the text ‘enjoy the silence’ appears.
2. Click on the clock (positioned in the left down corner of the site) when it shows 03/07/24. The following text will appear ‘there is time’.
3. Click on a menu button and before the others buttons disappear, rapidly click on one of them. The easiest way to do this step is to use the last two buttons: first, click on the contact button and before the yarn button disappears click on it. A copyright notice text will appear and the background image will be less visible.
After you completed all the three steps, on the screen will appear ‘some’ auto-scroll text and in your speakers (if they are turned on) ‘some’ sound that will rise in amplitude (take care, I will not pay for speakers damages :).

And after this, which is the requested keys combination and why?
Only two questions left, but the ‘prize’ is the same.

TCA-eX
10-09-2006, 09:17 PM
The small ‘contest’, if I can call it like this, is over. Thanks to all for participating (either in reading, searching, finding or trying). Unfortunately, there are no ‘winners’.

The answer to the last questions: which is the requested keys combination and why?

The requested keys combination is ‘the side at fever’ (without quotation marks). The reason, a bit complicated: the first four lines from the auto-scroll text ended, each one, with a word in square brackets, each word was expressing a feeling regarding the expression after which it was put, if you take the first letter from these four words you form the word ‘awls’, synonym with the word ‘tools’. Continuing, in the sixth line you have the terms ‘awls: _ UPPERcase’, so your tools are the uppercase letters/words and the low line. Looking back in the fourth line you can find the following words ‘here’re The rules: no rules; u deCide what u do with the time thAt it’s given to u…’, notice the uppercase letters, slice the words from where these letters are, read the new words and then write them respecting the morphologic/correct writing, you should obtain ‘the side at’. To find the last word you have to look at the fifth line ‘let the game n_ever begin’, see the low line, slice the word from there, obtain the word ‘_ever’, play hangman to find out the first letter from the word, also you are helped by the context, by the previous found three words, and obtain the last word ‘fever’. All together form the solution ‘the side at fever’. This was the explanation. Now type the solution in the text box and wait a few seconds, a new background will be loaded, a new text will be displayed and the high irritating volume sound will be stopped.

This was all. There is nothing else hidden. If you want to see that all this is really working you have 30-70 minutes from now on, after 30-70 minutes this version of the site will be replaced (sorry if you are late). The fall will be over, the rebirth will come!

txusm
10-10-2006, 06:32 AM
The small ‘contest’, if I can call it like this, is over. Thanks to all for participating (either in reading, searching, finding or trying). Unfortunately, there are no ‘winners’.

The answer to the last questions: which is the requested keys combination and why?

The requested keys combination is ‘the side at fever’ (without quotation marks). The reason, a bit complicated: the first four lines from the auto-scroll text ended, each one, with a word in square brackets, each word was expressing a feeling regarding the expression after which it was put, if you take the first letter from these four words you form the word ‘awls’, synonym with the word ‘tools’. Continuing, in the sixth line you have the terms ‘awls: _ UPPERcase’, so your tools are the uppercase letters/words and the low line. Looking back in the fourth line you can find the following words ‘here’re The rules: no rules; u deCide what u do with the time thAt it’s given to u…’, notice the uppercase letters, slice the words from where these letters are, read the new words and then write them respecting the morphologic/correct writing, you should obtain ‘the side at’. To find the last word you have to look at the fifth line ‘let the game n_ever begin’, see the low line, slice the word from there, obtain the word ‘_ever’, play hangman to find out the first letter from the word, also you are helped by the context, by the previous found three words, and obtain the last word ‘fever’. All together form the solution ‘the side at fever’. This was the explanation. Now type the solution in the text box and wait a few seconds, a new background will be loaded, a new text will be displayed and the high irritating volume sound will be stopped.

This was all. There is nothing else hidden. If you want to see that all this is really working you have 30-70 minutes from now on, after 30-70 minutes this version of the site will be replaced (sorry if you are late). The fall will be over, the rebirth will come!

Hello,

I can't see anything in Safari and Firefox either...

txusm

outlando
10-13-2006, 12:25 PM
All I can see is a white background image with some very faint text in the middle. My cursor disappears and that's it. Nothing else visible at all. This is in both IE and FF.
:(

TCA-eX
11-03-2006, 07:09 PM
Txusm, in what you quoted it says clearly that all that ‘things’ were on, were available for viewing only for about one hour. So, after one hour everything was gone, everything was replaced. It was replaced, how outlando said, by a white screen with some very small text and no cursor.

Currently, there is almost nothing on the site (nothing: a loader, a background image, some background music and some text). The site has more and more content as I have some free time to add it. This happens in reality; in nonentity the site is ‘rebirthing in evolution’. When all this process will be over, maybe I will announce it here.