PDA

View Full Version : Why doesn't the registration point change?

nfh
01-31-2006, 12:07 PM
Hi,

I have a symbol created out of a bitmap image. When I converted the "bitmap" to a "movieclip" object, I selected the center registration point in the dialog box. After the symbol is created an placed on the stage, I can seen the registration point at the center of the movieclip. Nevertheless, if I check the coordinates of the movieclip, it refers to the top left corner instead of the registration point.
The most strange thing is that if I try to check the coordinates of the movieclip using Actionscript - something like trace("x: " + mc._x + "y: " + mc._y); - it do refers to the center point of the movieclip.

So how can I have the coordinates during design time the same as during runtime? Why do I always have to refer to the top left corner and not to the ACTUAL registration point?

BTW, I'm using Flash 8.

Best regards,
Norberto

yker22
02-07-2006, 01:14 AM
double click on your movie clip then select bitmap, then change x,y coordinates on properties panel to 0,0 or to any coordinate you want

nfh
02-09-2006, 06:12 PM
I'm very sorry for bumping this thread up, but does anyone have an idea about this issue? Basically what I want to do is to be able to refer to the center point of the object during design time instead of the top left corner.

yker22
02-09-2006, 09:33 PM
you can change the registration point to wherever coordinate you want... if you want it centered double click on your mc and then center it... ;)

is that what youīre looking for?

yker22
02-09-2006, 09:35 PM
Oh sorry,

I think that when you want to use actionscript the registry point has to be always top left corner by default...

Flash Gordon
02-09-2006, 10:32 PM
That is very weird are you sure you are doing it right?

Post a sample fla as MX 2004 and I'll look at it.

nfh
02-10-2006, 12:49 AM
Here you have an example of what I'm talking about: the movieclip on the stage (is nothing more than a wrapped shape) has the (0,0) coordinate during design time, but during runtime its coordinates are reported as (60,60) - at the very center of the object.

Flash Gordon
02-10-2006, 12:56 AM
That is very weird are you sure you are doing it right?

Post a sample fla as MX 2004 and I'll look at it.

;)

yker22
02-10-2006, 01:30 AM
Let me know :)

yker22
02-10-2006, 01:35 AM
I think that there is just one register point on flash, so you have to decide where to locate your movie clip using that point as a reference... think about north as a reference, you can move the north but you can move in reference to the north ;)

I will subscribe to this thread to see if there is a way to "change" the registry point

Flash Gordon
02-10-2006, 01:47 AM
Well, this is new to me.

yker22
02-10-2006, 01:53 AM
how you do that Flash Gordon???

Flash Gordon
02-10-2006, 01:54 AM
What? Admit that I don't know something?

Well it takes about 13 months of Oldnewbies brow-beating you. If you want I can put in a good word ;)

yker22
02-10-2006, 01:56 AM
What? Admit that I don't know something?

Well it takes about 13 months of Oldnewbies brow-beating you. If you want I can put in a good word ;)

I just get more confused :confused: good word?

Flash Gordon
02-10-2006, 01:57 AM
it was a joke, never mind.

nfh
02-10-2006, 02:51 AM
;)

Oops, sorry about that.
Here it goes, now in MX2004 version.

Azrealone
09-21-2008, 11:35 PM
Edit the MC (symbol) when you are done makeing the movie. Under the timeline are 5 buttons (icons) chouce "edit multiple frames" (icon of 2 blue boxis). When you do that you get 2 bracets up where the playhead is move the left bracet to frame 1 and the right bracet to last frame select all frames in the timeline (take the locks of layer thet my be lock othere whise the whot move) take the black curser and move the hole thang where ever you whant the reg point to be.

I whos looking for the same thang my self but i figured out my self but i look every where for it.. and no one had this ....

botheway im yousing Flash CS3 so i dont now if this works in older ones,

sorry for my spelling hope this helps you out there.:rolleyes: