PDA

View Full Version : Urgent!! Question about buttons

yannis88e
02-26-2002, 03:36 PM
How can i make a button disappear after performing a certain action?
I want to preserve the "scene" as it was before clicking on the button. The user has interacted with this "scene" and i want to maintain what he did intact. The only i want is the button to disappear when clicking on it.
I' ve tried to move the MC to a frame that looks the same but with no button, but doesn't work.

Could anyone please give me a hint how to create this in Flash-4?
Thanks in advance for your help! It is appreciated.

Yannis

pinkaboo
02-26-2002, 04:11 PM
Hi, when you say that you have tried move the MC to a frame that looks the same but with no button, but doesn't work which mc you mean?
It's just that I would probably have the button in its own 2 frame mc, the first frame with the button, the second frame without the button. Then when the button is actioned I would send the button movie clip to the next frame. Is that what you have tried? I can't quite tell if you meant that the mc you were using was the entire movie, or a mc with just the button in it as I have just described.

K

charlieFlash
02-26-2002, 04:30 PM
Yeah, I'm trying to figure outwhat you did exactly as well...

I would put the button in its own movie clip, give it a named instance and set the mc's "_visible" property on the button to toggle its appearance between on and off.

hope this helps

pinkaboo
02-26-2002, 04:36 PM
Hee, I was just checking to see if you could do that _visible in Flash 4 charlieFlash, couldn't remember!
But, yeah, you can use set property, so I guess that is another alternative to try.

toke
02-26-2002, 04:53 PM
use setProperty ("your movie name", _visible, false);

yannis88e
02-27-2002, 04:16 PM
well, thanks all of you for your useful piece of advice...