PDA

View Full Version : Command using History panel?

Komal
02-27-2006, 04:05 AM
We all know that we can resue the resent actions listed in History Panel. We can also save them for future purpose by clicking them and selecting Save Command As... option. This saved command appears under the Command Menu.

1. Now my question is does anyone know where actuallly this command get saved?
2. How can I edit this command?
3. Can I remove this command from the Command Menu?

Thanks.

krayzeebean
02-28-2006, 05:04 AM
1. It depends on the OS. In Win2k/XP it's
C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\Local Settings\Application Data\Macromedia\<Flash version>\<language>\Configuration\Commands\

Local Settings and Application Data are both hidden by default, so you need to show hidden files and folders to browse there.

In Win98 its
C:\Windows\Application Data\Macromedia\<Flash version>\<language>\Configuration\Commands\

And in OSX it's
Hard Drive/Users/<username>/Library/Application Support/Macromedia/<Flash version>/<language>/Configuration/Commands

The configuration folder also has other useful things like your custom keyboard shortcuts and templates.

2. To edit the command you can just open it in any text editor, but it's better to edit the file in Flash. Open the jsfl file using the file menu; double clicking the file doesn't open it for editing, it runs the command.

3. To remove it you can either delete it from the Commands folder or in Flash go to commands->manage saved commands.