PDA

View Full Version : Simple question

d09
02-28-2006, 10:07 PM
Hi, I have a some question about Flash...

- I just want to know if its dangerous to work on a Flash document at 30fps ?

- Did the Flash designer use a "standart fps" or everybody work as he think ?

- Last thing, a have a proloader, do I have to tell my actionscript code of my preloader if I work at 30fps or 15 fps ?

Thank you very much.

sophistikat
02-28-2006, 10:16 PM
I just want to know if its dangerous to work on a Flash document at 30fps ?the norm is between 24fps - 30fps

Did the Flash designer use a "standart fps" or everybody work as he think ?why did the chicken cross the road?

Last thing, a have a proloader, do I have to tell my actionscript code of my preloader if I work at 30fps or 15 fps ?no

oldnewbie
03-01-2006, 12:12 AM
For Flash 5 & MX only, the best average cross-platform framerate seemed to be 31fps (especially for Macs which are so sensitive machines...), which was the framerate that seemed to maintain best average framerate between the IDE and a browser played movie...

It now seems that for MX2004 & flash 8, it would be 34fps...

Flash Gordon
03-01-2006, 12:17 AM
What is the difference between real-time displays and real-time processing?

The human eye can only discern movement in a generated image at a frame rate of 24 to 30 frames per second, or less. That is to say, if an image is updated 24 to 30 times per second, motion appears continuous; below this rate, most people will detect flicker, or be able to discriminate individual frames. Therefore, real-time displays should optimally be displayed at least 24 times per second, to simulate analog movement.

However, fast update rates are only necessary when there is sufficient data available to update a display for a given time span. At low sample rates for long time spans, there may be only enough data to update a display 2 or 5 times per second. On the other hand, there may be more data available that can actually be seen by the human eye, as when high sample rates are displayed over a short duration. For example, a signal acquired at 1000sps and displayed on a 100msec time graph, needs to be updated only 10 times per second to display all the data; whereas a signal acquired at 50,000sps and displayed on a 10msec time graph generates enough data to allow updating the graph 100 times per second—but an update rate faster than 30 frames per second would not be distinguishable from a frame rate of 100 times per second—so, although some data won't be displayed, you wouldn’t be able to see it anyway!
-