PDA

View Full Version : Project to Share

denise1
03-08-2002, 05:33 PM
I'm looking for someone I might be able to team up with for a site I'm working on. I have been working for months trying to learn actionscript and it appears to be beyond my grasp. The site is called "perverseverse.com" and I have most of the initial graphics completed for the site; however, there is a lot of fun to be had on this site for graphics as well. It's a fun/somewhat-edgy/obnoxious site and there's a ton of room for growth. If anyone is interested, please let me know. denise

tg
03-08-2002, 07:47 PM
i'm interested, email me.

vosgien
03-10-2002, 04:49 PM
I'm interested too, mail me please or leave reply here

Lucremonkey
03-10-2002, 04:52 PM
I would also like to help, just e-mail me about the project and I will look what I can do :)
Greets,
Maarten de Groot

denise1
03-11-2002, 12:01 PM
sorry it took so long to get back with you -- weekend.

The site will start off as a sorta obnoxious card site, but I would like to expand it to include edgy games that fit the theme of the site. I own the site name and I'll be getting cute FTP in the near future. I expect the site to become more and more refined as we go along.

Like I said before, I'm having serious problems with the scripting language and I've been at it for months.

I'm looking for someone with a good sense of humor. This person would be able to create graphics for the site, and I'm hoping the graphics end ends up with an animated toonish type flavor. Games too! Of course, much help needed with scripting.

I'm not sure how this process works, so if you guys/gals would share the process with me we might be able to get going.

farafiro
03-11-2002, 12:09 PM
Originally posted by denise1

I'm looking for someone with a good sense of humor.

I'm that GUY u r looking for
:D

[email protected]

Lucremonkey
03-11-2002, 12:55 PM
Well, like I said, just mail me about what you want and I look what I can do. By the way, can't you find CuteFTP on the internet? (don't know if you have broadband internet)
Greets,
Maarten

denise1
03-11-2002, 06:33 PM
rather than repeat myself by answering each individually, what would you like/need to know about the site? I don't want to just email my fla's -- would clog email.

I'd like to know how experienced you are using flash 5/actionscripting? Do you know how to do forms? Backend stuff? Graphics? thanks, denise :)

vosgien
03-11-2002, 08:53 PM
Hi denise1,
Graphics and scripting of them not much of a problem although I like a challenge, back end stuff (???) is my current learning curve.
Would like to know more about what you want - it all seems a little vague at the moment. Can understand that you don't want to mail us all individually, but hey, we are not in competition here ( I think) just want to help out if we can - so post more here along with fla's if you can. If you post fla's here, perhaps those that have responded can say yes ( or no) I can do that for you ( or not), this way it will turn into a real actionscript.org project - what do you think ? Although I am not picky, I would like to know more about what I'm getting into. And yet I retain my weird sense of humour !!!

Cheers

Vosgien

farafiro
03-12-2002, 05:18 AM
Originally posted by denise1
............. I have been working for months trying to learn actionscript and it appears to be beyond my grasp. .......... If anyone is interested, please let me know. denise

hey, u r the one who need others to guide u so that question ....

what would you like/need to know about the site? I don't want to just email my fla's -- would clog email.

shouldn't be asked, u just tell us here what u want without posting any of your flash files and who want to help will do

PS. count me off from here

denise1
03-12-2002, 12:01 PM
sorry if i offended anyone - i really don't know how this whole process works and still don't -- i'm not trying to create a competition here at all -- i'm just looking for a person to team up with who is experienced in flash 5 to help me get my site online and contribute to the site with their own graphics/games, whatever -- as i said earlier, actionscript is kicking my butt -- the project as I mentioned earlier is going to start off as an ecard site, but the cards are pretty obnoxious I guess -- the site is called perverseverse -- i prefer the cards be more subtle than crass, although to be honest some are -- I haven't had a lot of time to work on the graphics, of course I would like to include nice cards as well -- i was hoping at some point to integrate games (but I guess I can post for that later) -- looking to find someone to share this project with, including where the site should or should not go, etc. -- i'm literally looking for a total partner. I have attached an fla for review. (thanks vosgien for helping me understand a little better what to do here.) denise

the file may be too large to post, I reduced it but still 18KB - will try -- have never tried to send a zip file before.

denise1
03-12-2002, 12:03 PM
The file is too large to send -- for anyone who is interested I will forward the fla. thanks again, denise

farafiro
03-12-2002, 12:29 PM
18Kb is not big, just ZIP it and post it here

Lucremonkey
03-13-2002, 11:55 AM
Okay, my skills are:
- Photoshop
- 3d Studio MAX/VIZ
- Bryce 5
- A bit of Maya 4
- Flash 5/6 MX
- Backend scripting (PHP, PERL, XML, etc.)
- Databases
- Loads more
This should show you what I can do, if you need to know more, just ask :)

Greets,
Maarten de Groot
P.S. Since I also think there is no competition here isn't there a posibility that we form a team?
P.P.S. If you want me to help, I need to see what you got so far, but just e-mail them (since it is the source and you don't want everybody to see it).