PDA

View Full Version : All People Working With Components Read This Please

hangalot
03-08-2006, 02:03 AM
look we all know the components are dodgy in flash (the flex ones are much better), but most things are possible with them, and they are not that bad once you get into them

a good piece of advice when working with a component use XRAY
http://www.osflash.org/xray

xray is for free and i have nothing to do with it, so this is not some advertising.

why do i say use xray....well you can inspect your swf at runtime and make changes in it, and this with components is great since 90% of the time you guys just don't know what to target to get the stuff done.

Secondly components take a frame to initialize (as the yanks spell it) so use the doLater method of the components to get and set properties. otherwise it will not work.

good componentising...

rrh
01-12-2007, 09:34 PM
I am trying to use xray as demonstrated in this tutorial. (http://labs.blitzagency.com/wp-content/xray/videos/tutorials/indexFlash.html) But it might not be connecting. When I run the file I'm trying to xray, it traces an error like "(283) Connections: false | false" And in Xray, when I click "Go" to take a snapshot, it does nothing.

Update: Now it works. I don't know why.

masood_mj
02-02-2007, 05:38 PM
would you please refer me to some textual documents and Tutorial for this valuable product. tnx a lot

acolyte
10-25-2007, 12:40 PM
mhhh ??

i dont understand

i am using xray alot (most of the time)
its of cource very handy for papervision 3d aswell

just drag the xray connector component on the stage
(if you installed the xray connector correctly there appears a xray connector in your components window)

then launch the movie how ever and open up xray and take a snapshot

evoila

nidhisaigal
01-21-2008, 09:40 AM
hi,

i have used tree component & have displayed the xml data in it.Now i want when i click on the content the corresponding text is displayed on the screen.

code:

var mayTreeDP:XML = new XML();
mayTreeDP.ignoreWhite = true;
mayTreeDP.load("treeXML1.xml");
mayTreeDP.onLoad = function() {
myTree.dataProvider = this.firstChild;
myTree.setSize(200,100);
};
var treeListener:Object = new Object();
treeListener.change = function(evt:Object) {
//trace("the selectd node is"+evt.target.selectedNode);
myText_txt.text = evt.target.selectedNode;
};
myTree.addEventListener("change",treeListener);

XML used:

<node>
<node label="Images">
<node label= "Ships"/>
<node label= "containers"/>
</node>
</node>

plz help
thanks
Nidhi

dominatrix
07-28-2009, 07:22 PM
Components? Wow, just when I thought Flash had a lot going for it already (re: so many things you can do).

We learn something new everyday. This thread has enlighten me, and brought me to attention that you can get addons and extensions for Flash. *Slipped mind*.

Thanks everyone. ;)

encoder
01-27-2010, 08:47 AM
yeah. you need this kinda stuff with AS2. but for me it's useless.

if i need more advanced debug, i just code it in. but i usulay don't. CS4 -s features are enough.