PDA

View Full Version : Skip Intro not working... HELP

randy
03-16-2001, 02:23 PM
OK, first of all, I've been trying and trying and reading,etc. I just can't figure out my problem.

I have 3 scenes: preloader, main scene, and a text overlay scene. I want to be able to skip the Main scenes animated opening and just jump to the last frame of the main scene.

My preloader has a SKIP INTRO button, but when you hit it, the main movie still keeps trying to load and it doesn't jump you to the last frame... but the first on!!!

You can see my work-in-progress problem here:
http://www.art-department.com/gregory_site.html

I've been trying to solve this problem for days.

Please help.

Strok
03-16-2001, 02:55 PM
How can you jump to frame wcich is not loaded yet ???
There's your code:

on (release)
Stop
Go to and Stop (158)
End On

SKIP INTRO button actually using to jump on HTML page not on frame wcich is not loaded yet .

randy
03-16-2001, 03:38 PM
Well, I tried that code.... no dice. The only thing
I didn't put in was the END ON script.... that kept warning
me with an "error in scripting message"

I don't get it. If I use this code:

on (release) {
stop ();
gotoAndStop ("opening", 148);
}

Why won't it work???? It should STOP the loading of the animation, and then jump to the "OPENING" Scene and STOP.
Seems simple, right? What am I missing?

Thanks
Randy

mgb
03-16-2001, 08:59 PM
The problem here seems to be that the frame you are targeting has not yet loaded, so as far as Flash is concerned it does not exist and so it compromises by going to frame 1. You should not make your button available / active till the frame you are targeting has loaded...

~mgb

randy
03-17-2001, 06:22 PM
Ok then. But if I load all the frames up to the last frame... what's the point in having a "SKIP INTRO" option?

My problem is: I want to be able to have the user SKIP the intro, and along with it... skip the loading time for that intro. The intro is on Scene 1, the main menu is on scene 2.

Am I trying to do something that can't easily be accomplished?

Maybe I can put the items from the last Frame in a new level on frame 1, but make them transparent or masked? Or does that not solve the problem of the LAST FRAME still not loaded?

Thanks again...

mgb
03-17-2001, 06:42 PM
Well you only need to load up to frame1 of Scene 2. When that is loaded you can make your 'skip intro' button go there...you don't need to load the whole movie - just up to frame1 scene2. But you cannot skip the intro till it has loaded. Maybe you'll have to make the intro shorter?

~mgb