Home Tutorials Forums Articles Blogs Movies Library Employment Press

Go Back   ActionScript.org Forums > jsimpson

Conversation Between jsimpson and NickZA
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 2 of 2
  1. NickZA
    06-19-2009 10:31 PM
    NickZA
    Hi jsimpson

Maybe a bit of a late reply but life's been up and down of late, so this is the first time I've logged into actionscript.org for a while. Actually, that project is still upcoming for me. My ultimate choice though was to go with SmartFox Server as I am ultimately more interested in game design that I am in reproducing something as complex a socket server can potentially be. At some stage I may write a simple socket server as a proof of concept, but for now I've decided to go with SFS as it's price and quality appear quite decent. In response to your other question, no, I am an indie developer at this stage in terms of games I am developing.

Sorry I couldn't be of more help but I hope your game development process is already on the go, and going well.

All the best,

-Nick
  2. jsimpson
    02-15-2009 06:33 AM
    jsimpson
    Hello,

I found your post about developing a socket server based flash game, and I've recently started deciding what tools to use for a similar project. I was curious what you ended up using, and your experience with whatever you chose. I've setup the 20 user license of SFS and it seems well made and relatively easy to understand.

Also was your project on your own or through a game company? Thanks for any help!

-Jon