Home Tutorials Forums Articles Blogs Movies Library Employment Press
Old 05-28-2012, 07:01 AM   #1
iceherosubzero

Default [AS3] Rummy Card Game

Hello All,

I want to make a rummy card game in flash using action script 3.0. Can anybody please tell me how can I plan the AI for it, as I want only the computer and the player (first player) to play. I would really appreciate if you can guide me or send me some links to tutorials for the same or any pdf links etc...

Thanks
Iceheros
iceherosubzero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 03:56 PM   #2
lordofduct

Rummy's plays are rather multi-dimensional which can make for complicated AI.

First I'd start by creating the game, THEN create the AI.

Better would be to create a game with simpler plays. Lets say for instance 'go-fish'. Create a 'go-fish' game, then write the AI for that which is rather 1-dimensional (just looking for pairs, remembering what cards have been requested).

Rummy AI is going to basically work like this though...

first you'll have the rules defined for what is a successful play. Those plays will be ranked by score (how many points they earn).

Now every time the AI takes a turn it'll analyze its hand and look for potential plays with in its hand. Each card that has a potential for a play with in its hand gets ranked, the more plays it can be part of the higher its rank. The card with the lowest rank will be the discard for that turn (this card might change over the turn).

Now the AI will analyze the discard row (depending on rules of game, some people have different rules for Rummy). It will again rank each card, as it descends down the row the rank of the card is reduced. Ranks can increase if multiple plays can be had by picking up it with cards before it. The random draw card gets a constant rank, whichever with the highest is drawn.

Analyze hand again with new cards in hand. Lowest ranking will be discard... but first.

When a play is actually available in hand it too will be ranked. All plays in hand will be ranked with the highest being played. Note, to create some realism with the AI you might compare play ranks to potential play ranks. For example the ace is worth more played as QKA than played as A23. If the AI notices it has a KA and a A23, you might rank the KA higher than A23 so that it actually holds out on that play until a Q is available.

Oh and you should probably put in analyzing played cards as well to reduce rankings of each card and play. A ranking of a AA pair would turn 0 if the other two aces are already played (no chance of a 3 of a kind). Or there's no reason to hold out for that queen in the KA scenario if the queen is already played.

Perform plays that are available and ranked high.

Reanalyze yet again (hand has changed).

Discard lowest ranked card.

If you want to know how to program, take a math class, take a lot of math classes!

Last edited by lordofduct; 05-28-2012 at 03:59 PM.
lordofduct is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2014, 10:58 AM   #3
anupriya

Default Online Rummy News

Everything you want to know about the Rummy Industry in India! Find out what are best Rummy events happening near you, Top Rummy Site Reviews, Apps, Rummy Tips.onlinerummynews.in is an online website where you can find all the information about rummy.Stay connected with us for all latest news in poker & rummy industry.
anupriya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2014, 09:59 AM   #4
Kikson

Why to develop again, many rummy software's are there in market. visit leisureplay.in they provide rummy software. you can check pokabunga.com product of leisureplay.in for your reference.

Last edited by Kikson; 12-08-2014 at 10:02 AM. Reason: mention some addition points.
Kikson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2015, 06:53 AM   #5
Ronit Roy

Smile Card Games

Hello people, I am a big fan of online gaming like Indian Rummy and I am here to share my experience and learn some trick to play the game. Rummy is a card game which needs two players, and it's played with all 52 cards in a knockout format. The guys who haven't tried it so far must try becoz it is the good source of entertainment.

Last edited by Ronit Roy; 11-23-2015 at 06:56 AM.
Ronit Roy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2017, 08:24 AM   #6
Karinanderson

Default I have Built online rummy game platform

I have built an online rummy card game platform like rummy circle where people can enjoy online rummy game. I have also created the rummy game app with similar concept for both android and IOS

Last edited by Karinanderson; 01-06-2017 at 12:49 PM.
Karinanderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2017, 04:26 AM   #7
elena20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronit Roy View Post
Hello people, I am a big fan of online gaming like Indian Rummy and I am here to share my experience and learn some trick to play the game. Rummy is a card game which needs two players, and it's played with all 52 cards in a knockout format. The guys who haven't tried it so far must try becoz it is the good source of entertainment.
Oh thank you, I am also a fan Rummy.
elena20 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: