Home Tutorials Forums Articles Blogs Movies Library Employment Press
Old 01-19-2007, 10:21 PM   #1
devilmaycry
DevilMayCry

Send a message via MSN to devilmaycry Send a message via Yahoo to devilmaycry
Default Text file upload

hi all,
aren't we allowed to upload text file, because in the tutorial i m using for the demonstration it load an external text file, so i dont know how to upload a text file, also i need the flash movie to locate the folder of the images. so i dont know what to do at this point pls help.

thank you
devilmaycry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2007, 12:17 AM   #2
Jesse
ActionScript.org Founder

You can upload documents via the links window. So that's .doc, .pdf, .txt, etc. Select some text, click the Link tool, then choose to upload a file. Once you've done that, you can delete the link but the text file you uploaded will still be there.

As for directories, you can create directories as per usual but they aren't writable by default. If you need to create one, let me know and I'll make it writable. We're still working on a fix for that.

Finally, for SWFs which need to load files, you need to include a BASE param in your SWF embed. Because the article and the swf don't reside in the same directory, the Flash player goes looking for the loaded files in the same directory as the HTML file instead of the SWF file ( a stupid bug in the Flash player if you ask me). The solution is to include:
Code:
<object classid="clsid:D27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000" codebase="http://download.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab#version=6,0,29,0" align="" height="363" width="500">
<param name="base" value="/resources/content_images/3/"/>
<param name="movie" value="/resources/content_images/3/date.swf"/>
<param name="src" value="/resources/content_images/3/date.swf"/>
<param name="play" value="true"/><param name="wmode" value="opaque"/>
<param name="scale" value=""/><param name="quality" value="high"/>
<param name="menu" value="true"/><param name="bgcolor" value=""/>
<embed base="/resources/content_images/3/" src="/resources/content_images/3/date.swf" scale="" wmode="opaque" play="true" quality="high" menu="true" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="500" height="363" align="" bgcolor=""/></object>
/resources/content_images/3/ in the above is where the SWF actually is, and thus, where the files you are trying to load also sit. 3 will have to be replaced with your own Author ID (which you see in the upload window, above the file list whenever you try to upload any kind of file).

Nasty hack I know. I'm going to see if we can edit the Flash insert mechanism to include this by default going forward. Should be possible, but for those tutorials already online, they'll need the manual edit.

Jesse Stratford
ActionScript.org Cofounder

Please don't email or PM me Flash questions, that's what the Forums are for!

Please don't rely on me reading my PMs either. Email me about important stuff.

Last edited by Jesse; 01-20-2007 at 12:21 AM.
Jesse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2007, 05:59 AM   #3
devilmaycry
DevilMayCry

wow, thanks again i ll try that, as for the directory, i ll put the image in the default directory and load them from there, but if you can make the folder i created writable it will be cleaner.

also for the param that i need to ad is for the html, how can i add it then, the html pages are generated dyamiclly right ?

thank you.

Last edited by devilmaycry; 01-20-2007 at 06:15 AM. Reason: forgot to mention the param thing
Old 01-20-2007, 06:09 AM   #4
devilmaycry
DevilMayCry

on more thing i see that the directory i created the last time and upload images into it, the images are in it so its writable ...

what do u think Jesse.
Old 01-20-2007, 12:24 PM   #5
Jesse
ActionScript.org Founder

So you're saying that you put images into it? That may have just been a fluke while I was playing with the PHP settings the other day.

Jesse Stratford
ActionScript.org Cofounder

Please don't email or PM me Flash questions, that's what the Forums are for!

Please don't rely on me reading my PMs either. Email me about important stuff.
Jesse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2007, 01:41 PM   #6
devilmaycry
DevilMayCry

yeah i uploaded some images into the images folder that i created and they are in it now , anyway i dont know how to do, the method you provided, cause i didnt find any possiblity in the CMS to attach the html page that will load the swf so i can modify its parameter, if this is annoying to be fix i ll just record a swf demo and put it .

what do you think .

thank you.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: