Home Tutorials Forums Articles Blogs Movies Library Employment Press

Go Back   ActionScript.org Forums > CMS Forums > Process Questions

Old 11-10-2008, 05:10 PM   #1
Furinax

Default Dedicated Flash Player 10 Section Needed for Tutorials/Discussion

I want to write a series of tutorials based on video tutorials I'm going to be hosting on my site that focus on Flash Player 10, specifically 3D. I have 4 tutorials planned at the moment, 1 complete. They are,

Publishing FP 10 directly from Flash CS3

3D Cubes in space - extension of Lee Brimelow's tutorial where he created random 2D sprites in navigable space. Movement was limited to Z axis without rotation, this tutorial is creating cubes, spreading them and being able to fly all through and around them. (simulated of course since there's no actual camera element)

Third tutorial is a more practical application of the 3D controls where I show how to make a 3D menu with simulated depth of field.

Fourth tutorial making an 3D asteroids game where the stage is a HUD where you can target and shoot asteroids while you try to dodge them. (just for fun)

MY POINT IS.......... it's silly to throw these tutorials in a sections of the site that are dedicated to FP 9 and below, and it's only logical to have a section for Flash CS4/Flash Player 10 as we're dealing with a whole new ball-game in terms of functionality. Thanks,

Jesse (aka Furinax)
Old 11-12-2008, 02:08 AM   #2
Furinax

Um....... can someone in the next group of 32 people that read this please post a reply agreeing? Or maybe we should start putting as2 tutorials in with as3 tutorials too?
Old 11-12-2008, 02:43 AM   #3
Flash Gordon
rather be programming

disagree.

AS 3 is by far more different than AS 2. FP10 is merely AS3.0 FP9 with some additional libraries.
Old 11-12-2008, 03:07 AM   #4
Furinax

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post
disagree.

AS 3 is by far more different than AS 2. FP10 is merely AS3.0 FP9 with some additional libraries.
Wow thanks for explaining that to me I hadn't noticed the difference between the two when I started writing as3........

http://www.adobe.com/products/flashplayer/features/

You can read all of the features there for flash player 10 it's a great start for new people. They're not insignificant. They're major. Lets throw my hypothetical tutorial "COOL AWESOME FILTER EFFECT IN AS3" in the general AS3 discussion boards so when people go click on it they can get OOO OOPS SUPRISE YOU DONT HAVE CS4 NO PIXEL BLENDER 4 U NOOB owned. Okay well that's a disappointment but oh well lets look at this tutorial "AWESOME 3D MENU TUTORIAL" and then OOOOO OOPS SORRY THIS IS FP 10 YOUR COMPILER WILL TELL YOU YOU"RE AN IDIOT IF YOU ENTER THIS CODE....

but hey.... it's all okay cause theres no significant difference. None at all. In fact why don't all the morons who can't figure that out go to another forum. I mean they should know how to go find the flex nightly build, download the flex 3 SDK, set it up and then run a command line compiler and publish their flash player 10 movies that they wrote in text-mate and if they don't well then screw them. They can go to another forum. Good point Flash Gordon man my eyes are opened.

Last edited by Furinax; 11-12-2008 at 03:12 AM.
Old 11-12-2008, 03:15 AM   #5
CyanBlue
Super Moderator

My 2 cents on this is that it would create less trouble for the new people if they can visually see what they can and cannot do in FCS3, for example... I totally agree that FP10 is an addition on top of FP9, but that won't make much sense to those people who are new to the whole thing...

Interesting to see how this discussion progresses...

FYI, I am pretty sure 4/5 of that 32 person are search engine spiders...
http://tutorials.FlashVacuum.com

Do NOT PM, Email or Call me... Your question belongs right in this forum...
CyanBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2008, 03:22 AM   #6
Furinax

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyanBlue View Post
My 2 cents on this is that it would create less trouble for the new people if they can visually see what they can and cannot do in FCS3.
I totally agree. That's more what I meant and perhaps I should have worded it differently in my initial post so I can maybe understand why Flash Gordon would have disagreed. By the way Flash not picking on you, I just get sarcastic when explaining myself.
Old 11-12-2008, 03:23 AM   #7
Flash Gordon
rather be programming

you begged for an opinion and you got one. Just because you don't like it doesn't mean you have to throw an hissy fit. grow up.
Old 11-12-2008, 03:26 AM   #8
Furinax

Right. My last post I said I'm not picking on you I just get sarcastic when explaining myself. I appreciate your opinion it actually pointed out a flaw in what I did by making a bad comparison between FP10 and as2/as3. Sorry for offending you buddy I just have a sarcastic sense of humor, wasn't trying to piss you off. Cmon we're both flashers can't we all just get along? Whattaya say?

Man I love that CS4 ad that's there all the time. I bet that thing's rollin in like what a G a week?

Last edited by Furinax; 11-12-2008 at 03:44 AM.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: