Home Tutorials Forums Articles Blogs Movies Library Employment Press
Old 10-13-2009, 08:57 PM   #1
Subhaus design

Default Resorting Array

Hi,

I'm sure that someone probably asked about this problem, but after 2 days of googling I haven't find anything similar.

I'm making some vertical menu where button (actually mc) on click should tween to the end of menu.

I've try to splice clicked item, and after that to push it back to the same array so it will go to it's end. After that, I've plan to change y position of all items through for loop and using Tweener.

here's my code:

ActionScript Code:
import caurina.transitions.*; var mits:Array = new Array("about", "biography", "work"); var mitems:Array = new Array(); for(var i:int = 0; i<mits.length; i++) {     var mitem:menuItm = new menuItm();     mitem.id = i;     mitem.itm_txt.text = mits[i];     mitem.itm_txt.wordWrap = false;     mitem.itm_txt.autoSize = TextFieldAutoSize.LEFT;     mitem.x = 10;     mitem.y = 10+i*40;     mitem.name = "mitem"+i;     menus.addChild(mitem);     mitem.buttonMode = true;     mitem.mouseChildren = false;     mitems.push(mitem);     mitem.addEventListener(MouseEvent.CLICK, moveItems); } function moveItems(e:MouseEvent):void {     var spliced:Array = mitems.splice(e.target.id, 1);     mitems.push(spliced);     for(var a:int = 0; a<mitems.length; a++) {         var ipsilon:Number = 10+(a*40);         Tweener.addTween(mitems[a], {y:ipsilon, time:1});         trace(mitems[a].id);     } }

this code works for only few clicks (3 I think). The output look like this:

Quote:
undefined

---------------------

undefined
undefined

---------------------

undefined
## [Tweener] Error: The property 'y' doesn't seem to be a normal object property of [object menuItm] or a registered special property.
undefined
I've try also with eather older Tweener class and TweenLite. Using them I'm not getting error, but the script is acting the same.

What am I doing wrong?

ps. sorry for my bad english. Hope you've understand.
Subhaus design is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 10:02 PM   #2
kingundkong
kingundkong

i think you need to do this: (explenation in the code)
ActionScript Code:
import caurina.transitions.*; var mits:Array = new Array("about", "biography", "work"); var mitems:Array = new Array(); for(var i:int = 0; i<mits.length; i++) {     var mitem:menuItm = new menuItm();     mitem.id = i;     mitem.itm_txt.text = mits[i];     mitem.itm_txt.wordWrap = false;     mitem.itm_txt.autoSize = TextFieldAutoSize.LEFT;     mitem.x = 10;     mitem.y = 10+i*40;     mitem.name = "mitem"+i;     this.addChild(mitem);     mitem.buttonMode = true;     mitem.mouseChildren = false;     mitems.push(mitem);     mitem.addEventListener(MouseEvent.CLICK, moveItems); } function moveItems(e:MouseEvent):void {     var spliced:Array = mitems.splice(e.target.id, 1);     mitems.push(spliced[0]); // push not the whole array but just the menuItm to the mitems array     for(var a:int = 0; a<mitems.length; a++) {         var mc:menuItm=mitems[a];         mc.id=a; // reassing the id variable, cause you getting a new order after mixing         var ipsilon:Number = 10+(a*40);         Tweener.addTween(mitems[a], {y:ipsilon, time:1});         trace(mitems[a].id);     } }
Old 10-13-2009, 10:04 PM   #3
kingundkong
kingundkong

sorry , i changed this line:
ActionScript Code:
this.addChild(mitem);
just for testing. just change it again to
ActionScript Code:
menus.addChild(mitem);
Old 10-13-2009, 10:11 PM   #4
Subhaus design

wow, this was fast. Thanks man. Your really king! (and kong ofcourse), and you've just made my day!
Subhaus design is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 10:21 PM   #5
kingundkong
kingundkong

you are welcome !

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: