Home Tutorials Forums Articles Blogs Movies Library Employment Press

Go Back   ActionScript.org Forums > ActionScript Forums Group > ActionScript 2.0

Old 12-14-2005, 04:22 AM   #1
mmm..pi..3.14..
/(bb|[^b]{2})/

Default lots of errors with DataSet, didn't modify the code at all...

This was a big mystery to me when I first saw it, no idea why I even got it also.

I opened the fla in Flash 8 (had it for a while now, so I know it's not that), did "Control >> Test Movie" just to see where I left off, and I immediately got over 200 errors. I managed to tweak it a little and I got it down to 15 errors, which are below:

Quote:
**Error** C:\Documents and Settings\Eric\Local Settings\Application Data\Macromedia\Flash 8\en\Configuration\Classes\mx\data\components\Data Set.as: Line 747: There is no method with the name 'next'.
__curItem = _iterator.next();

**Error** C:\Documents and Settings\Eric\Local Settings\Application Data\Macromedia\Flash 8\en\Configuration\Classes\mx\data\components\Data Set.as: Line 840: Type mismatch in assignment statement: found mx.data.components.datasetclasses.DeltaPacketImpl where mx.data.components.datasetclasses.DeltaPacket is required.
_deltaPacket = new DeltaPacketImpl( this, dpTransId, getKeyInfo(), true, _srcSchema );

**Error** C:\Documents and Settings\Eric\Local Settings\Application Data\Macromedia\Flash 8\en\Configuration\Classes\mx\data\components\Data Set.as: Line 842: There is no method with the name 'addItem'.
_deltaPacket.addItem( _optDeltaItems[i] );

**Error** C:\Documents and Settings\Eric\Local Settings\Application Data\Macromedia\Flash 8\en\Configuration\Classes\mx\data\components\Data Set.as: Line 1286: There is no method with the name 'hasNext'.
return(( _iterator.getLength() > 0 ) && ( _iterator.hasNext() || ( _iterator.getCurrentItem() != null )));

**Error** C:\Documents and Settings\Eric\Local Settings\Application Data\Macromedia\Flash 8\en\Configuration\Classes\mx\data\components\Data Set.as: Line 1423: There is no method with the name 'next'.
_iterator.next(); // go back

**Error** C:\Documents and Settings\Eric\Local Settings\Application Data\Macromedia\Flash 8\en\Configuration\Classes\mx\data\components\Data Set.as: Line 1531: There is no method with the name 'next'.
var item:Object = _iterator.next();

**Error** C:\Documents and Settings\Eric\Local Settings\Application Data\Macromedia\Flash 8\en\Configuration\Classes\mx\data\components\Data Set.as: Line 1535: There is no method with the name 'next'.
item = _iterator.next();

**Error** C:\Documents and Settings\Eric\Local Settings\Application Data\Macromedia\Flash 8\en\Configuration\Classes\mx\data\components\Data Set.as: Line 1753: There is no method with the name 'next'.
item = _iterator.next();

**Error** C:\Documents and Settings\Eric\Local Settings\Application Data\Macromedia\Flash 8\en\Configuration\Classes\mx\data\components\Data Set.as: Line 2431: There is no method with the name 'hasNext'.
if( _iterator.hasNext()) {

**Error** C:\Documents and Settings\Eric\Local Settings\Application Data\Macromedia\Flash 8\en\Configuration\Classes\mx\data\components\Data Set.as: Line 2432: There is no method with the name 'next'.
result = _iterator.next();

**Error** C:\Documents and Settings\Eric\Local Settings\Application Data\Macromedia\Flash 8\en\Configuration\Classes\mx\data\components\Data Set.as: Line 2437: There is no method with the name 'next'.
_iterator.next();

**Error** C:\Documents and Settings\Eric\Local Settings\Application Data\Macromedia\Flash 8\en\Configuration\Classes\mx\data\components\Data Set.as: Line 2770: There is no method with the name 'next'.
var item:Object = _iterator.next(); // gets first item

**Error** C:\Documents and Settings\Eric\Local Settings\Application Data\Macromedia\Flash 8\en\Configuration\Classes\mx\data\components\Data Set.as: Line 2820: There is no method with the name 'next'.
__curItem = _iterator.next(); // get first item

**Error** C:\Documents and Settings\Eric\Local Settings\Application Data\Macromedia\Flash 8\en\Configuration\Classes\mx\data\components\data setclasses\DeltaPacketImpl.as: Line 35: There is no method with the name 'super'.
super();

**Error** C:\Documents and Settings\Eric\Local Settings\Application Data\Macromedia\Flash 8\en\Configuration\Classes\mx\data\components\data setclasses\DeltaPacketImpl.as: Line 91: The expression returned must match the function's return type.
return( new IteratorImpl( this ));

Total ActionScript Errors: 15 Reported Errors: 15
I'm not an when it comes to dataset's, but this has got me baffled . Flash is just outputting errors for code that the macromedia developers created, which is obviously a mistake.

To rid out the obvious errors, yes I have a DataSet component in the library, and I have also imported the DataSet class by adding "import mx.data.components.*;" (because "import mx.data.components.DataSet;" does not work...and never has)

Any thoughts??

Thanks
Email: Eric followed by the AT symbol, unleaded software (one word) DOT com
Denver Web Design
mmm..pi..3.14.. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2005, 06:40 AM   #2
mmm..pi..3.14..
/(bb|[^b]{2})/

fixed it. Just changed to the Flash 7 player, tested the movie, then switched back to Flash 8 player, which seemed to get rid of the problem.
Email: Eric followed by the AT symbol, unleaded software (one word) DOT com
Denver Web Design
mmm..pi..3.14.. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2005, 07:08 PM   #3
TxFrog1999

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmm..pi..3.14..
fixed it. Just changed to the Flash 7 player, tested the movie, then switched back to Flash 8 player, which seemed to get rid of the problem.
THANK YOU! I've just upgraded from MX04Pro to 8 last week and have it installed on both my G5 and my iBook. I was working on a new project and wanted to call a window component that I use to keep track of version information as I author my scripts. Its a simple script I've used many times before and when I was working in Flash 8 on the G5 I kept getting Type Mismatch errors. I kept working on the project, commenting out the helper script (can't stop a deadline) and moved the project to my iBook for work offsite. I went back to trying to figure out what was the error last night and after un-commenting the code and checking the syntax not one error was reported. I was about ready to throw my laptop when I ran a google search and found this topic.

Sure enough, going back to the G5 and switching the publish settings to Flash 7, publishing the app then going back to Flash Player 8 fixed the problem. Very odd bug, but thank you for the tip I would never had thought to try that.
TxFrog1999 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: