Home Tutorials Forums Articles Blogs Movies Library Employment Press
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-30-2010, 04:44 AM   #1
moselekm

Default [AS3] Managing Game Frames with Timeline?

Hey guys, I'm relatively new to AS3, never did AS2 or anything. I am from the C++ side. But I've decided to get more and more indepth with AS3 as time went on and wanted to make a really simple economy game for myself and friends on Flash.

I am making it all out of custom classes and the timeline is just single frames that hold the different menu and HUD screens for the player. But I later found when you'd go from let's say your 'Construction' frame back to your basic HUD, the HUD frame would be reset and all the information found on the Construction Screen (purchases and variables) would also be reset on the frame.

Maybe it was dumb to think I could 'rewind' the timeline and expect it to look the same. Either way, if there is anyway I can salvage it with some snippets, that'd be great. Otherwise, any tips on how to make a game that simplifies itself with different 'screens' would be great.

I was thinking another alternative would be to make ObjectContainers in the library, Class them, and call them like that to the TimeLine with addChild. But that seems way too sloppy to be the common-dev-thing-to-do.
moselekm is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: