Home Tutorials Forums Articles Blogs Movies Library Employment Press
Old 04-30-2012, 01:46 PM   #1
veo

Default [AS3] Access Datagrid custom CellRenderer Object

Currently I have a custom cell renderer that extends CheckBox and implements ICellRenderer.

I've had to override set selected because every time I would select a row in the datagrid, the check box for that row would select, or deselect when moved off of it.

What I'm trying to do is manually select/deselect items from another movieclip (not the mouse click).

The class has a clickHandler in it that would do this, but I can't seem to access it. Calling
ActionScript Code:
myDatagrid.getCellRendererAt(dg.selectedIndex,0).clickHandler()

will throw a 1061: Call to a possibly undefined method clickHandler error.

Below is the class for the custom cell renderer. Any ideas would be appreciated.

ActionScript Code:
package  {         import fl.controls.CheckBox;     import fl.controls.listClasses.ListData;     import fl.controls.listClasses.ICellRenderer;             import flash.events.MouseEvent;         public class CboxRenderer extends CheckBox implements ICellRenderer{         public var _listData:ListData;         public var _data:Object;         private var checkComponent:CheckBox;                 public function CboxRenderer() {             // constructor code             super();             label   = "";             addEventListener(MouseEvent.CLICK,clickHandler);         }                 public function set listData(ld:ListData):void{_listData = ld;}         public function get listData():ListData{return _listData;}                 public function set data(d:Object):void         {             _data = d;             label   = "";         }         public function get data():Object{return _data;}                 public function clickHandler(e:MouseEvent):void{             _selected      = !_selected;             _data.Available = _selected;         }                 override public function get selected():Boolean{return _selected;}         override public function set selected(value:Boolean):void{             _selected   = value;         }     }     }
veo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 01:54 PM   #2
Barna Biro

Cast whatever is returned by getCellRendererAt() to CboxRenderer since only that object defines the clickHandler() method ( do not forget to pass some event to it or set 'null' as the default value of the event argument in the handler ).

Last edited by Barna Biro; 04-30-2012 at 02:02 PM.
Barna Biro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 02:00 PM   #3
veo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barna Biro View Post
Cast whatever is returned by getCellRendererAt() to CboxRenderer since only that object defines the clickHandler() method ( do not forget to pass some event to it or set 'null' as the default value of a event argument in the handler ).
Haha... I was JUST about to post that I found the answer. You were absolutely correct. Took me a bit to realize that I wasn't casting it. For anyone that may need clarification on how to do this:

ActionScript Code:
var cb:CboxRenderer= (dg.getCellRendererAt(dg.selectedIndex,0) as CboxRenderer); cb.dispatchEvent(new MouseEvent(MouseEvent.CLICK));

That will call the clickHandler function.

Thanks Again!

Last edited by veo; 04-30-2012 at 02:02 PM.
veo is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: