Home Tutorials Forums Articles Blogs Movies Library Employment Press
Old 04-26-2012, 10:03 PM   #1
Calpis

Send a message via AIM to Calpis Send a message via MSN to Calpis Send a message via Yahoo to Calpis
Default Multiple Projects - same codebase

I've got an existing codebase that was originally all made in FlashDevelop. There are several different project files that correspond to different versions of the application: Web, AIR Desktop, and AIR Mobile (both IOS and Android). This works fine, albeit with a slight workaround in FlashDevelop. We now want the ability to be able to do the same thing in Flash Builder and can't figure out how. It seems this isn't a traditional thing to do in FB as my Googling didn't return anything useful at all. FB only really wants one project file per codebase, and trying to go around FB and making multiple project file in unrelated folders doesn't seem to work at all. It won't allow me to set the correct default application file and keeps copying folders to the corresponding project folder.

I'm very apt with FlashDevelop, but FB is pretty new to me and feels more bloated and clunky - but that might be due to inexperience. Does anyone know how to accomplish this, if it's possible at all? If I can't do multiple projects, I just want to be able to output the same codebase in those three separate formats.
Calpis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 01:13 PM   #2
MSLourens

you should create three different projects, one for each version. They should all have a reference (via the project settings -> Flex Library Build Path -> Library path to a fourth project which contains your codebase. The codebase should then decide which class it should use for which version.
MSLourens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 08:44 PM   #3
wvxvw
Holosuit User

Send a message via ICQ to wvxvw

You don't really need the fourht project, just a folder where the code is. Though, there's one thing you can't do in FB - if your project is defined as AS project, you cant make MXML file it's document class and vice versa. But if that gets as complex as that, you wouldn't want to compile in FB either / I'd opt for Ant builds in this case.
wvxvw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 05:25 PM   #4
Calpis

Send a message via AIM to Calpis Send a message via MSN to Calpis Send a message via Yahoo to Calpis

Thanks for the advice. I'll try making a main project and then three offshoot projects from there. It is an AS project, so no MXML available.
Calpis is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: