Home Tutorials Forums Articles Blogs Movies Library Employment Press

Go Back   ActionScript.org Forums > Flash In Action > Site Check

Old 05-12-2012, 04:46 PM   #1
iIQ

Default Hey Guys, my flash site is in Alpha development

Hey guys, well i'm excited because my website uses AS3 for the whole UI and is in Alpha testing.

I'd really appreciate the community support by coming to my site and participating. It's a new spin on online IQ exams. I think it's rather well done and personally offers a better challenge than most online tests.

my-iiq.isdigital.com

Please leave comments or ask questions. But most importantly, if you experience technical problems, please let me know.

Thanks Everyone, and thanks to the online support communities such as this one which made this site a reality.
iIQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 03:31 AM   #2
tango88
FlashByNight.com

Hi,

I like the idea of a test that self-standardises and I have played around with this kind of system myself.

Maybe I will register later, but my initial suggestions are this:

1 The Enter button is on the bottom right and is not visible if you have the browser window a bit minimised.

2 The loading times could be improved

3 The Username/password boxes need to have more contrast, so that they show up better against the background

4 In my experience, having an 'ENTER' page will lose you clicks. Every extra click loses you a visitor. What would gain sign-ups is a 'free sample' or 'quick trial' page... my opinion only, of course.
Old 05-15-2012, 06:51 PM   #3
iIQ

tango88, nice I would be interested to get your impressions of the site. I've put a lot to thought into the way the exam works and a lot of thought into the grading algorithm. I’ve also achieved an exam that 'learns' how to identify answers that are representative of some 'logic' (how often can different people arrive at different answers that are logically sound?), then grades individual performance on what the exam 'learns' about your own logical performance weighted against all others. Because it is self-standardizing, the very first person who takes the exam will have a score of 100, but as more and more people take the exam the first person's score will change relative to other people. Each time people log back into my site, their score will update. I need 250 people to take the exam before the scoring becomes consistent and changes in one’s score will be fractional.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tango88
1 The Enter button is on the bottom right and is not visible if you have the browser window a bit minimised.

2 The loading times could be improved

3 The Username/password boxes need to have more contrast, so that they show up better against the background

4 In my experience, having an 'ENTER' page will lose you clicks. Every extra click loses you a visitor. What would gain sign-ups is a 'free sample' or 'quick trial' page... my opinion only, of course.
On 1, yeah, this can be a problem, especially in regards to point 4.

On 2, can you try this link and tell me if it loads quicker
mywebsite.isdigital.com/App/Main.aspx

On 3, yeah, the aesthetics need an upgrade.

On 4, I will take your advice with the ‘free sample’ or ‘quick trial’, it’ll get clicks from me as well.
Thank you for your feedback.

Last edited by iIQ; 05-15-2012 at 06:53 PM.
Old 05-15-2012, 08:32 PM   #4
iIQ

UPDATE:

Seems I'm having major connection issues with my server. People are having to wait for long periods of time just to enter my site. And unfortunately not one person has taken the exam, which is the whole point behind the site. So for this reason I'll be leaving the site up until the weekend for anyone who's curious about the exam and not all of the technical issues. After which I'll be pulling the site and learning and reworking the site to make it much more accessible later this year. I'm looking forward to have my summer with no screen.

Thanks alot everyone and I'll be back.
Old 05-17-2012, 12:31 AM   #5
tango88
FlashByNight.com

Hi again,

I tried again just now, but I got a page won't load error.

Anyway, I was thinking and wondering why you would need people to sign up to take the test; you're not charging for it, right? The sign-up process is a huge turn-off for most people (unless they can just use their Facebook or gmail login).

One of my sites is www.roadtogrammar.com, a site for English learners and I went through the whole process ages ago of putting an intro page and so on. But lots of visitors comment that they like the idea of having no sign-up to be able to use the site.
Old 05-17-2012, 06:09 PM   #6
iIQ

I tried to send you a private message, but the site wouldn't let me so here is the message

Hello, I've got the site up again; the site was down for a day do to my own negligence. I would really appreciate your feedback on the exam. Hopefully a third time is worth your trouble.

On another note, I took you're quiz awhile back and quit enjoyed it. Are you using a VPS to host your site? I'm going to take june july and aug off, as in off of screen time, but in the fall I'll be looking at expanding my knowledge of website programing.
You seem to have really developed yourself in the past 6 years; I respect what you’ve accomplished. How did you gain the knowledge for web design?

I was wondering if you could offer your advice on the ‘structure’ of my site, I’ll explain in greater detail how I’ve got my site set up in another message if you’re interested.
Old 04-04-2013, 07:42 PM   #7
tojikomorin

Default :o

It was closed when I check...
tojikomorin is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: