Home Tutorials Forums Articles Blogs Movies Library Employment Press

Go Back   ActionScript.org Forums > ActionScript Forums Group > ActionScript 3.0

Old 05-31-2012, 07:10 PM   #1
Azoturia

Default Output error #2006 and #1009

Hi, I'm new to this forum and I'm not super great with Flash Actionscripting..but I know the basics of Flash. I bought and downloaded a Lightbox script for my portfolio website, but so far it's been giving me some problems and headaches. I don't have any compiler errors, but my output error comes out as so:

RangeError: Error #2006: The supplied index is out of bounds.
at flash.display:isplayObjectContainer/removeChildAt()
at se.funkyjones.components::CustomFullscreenScroller ()
at LightBoxDemo()
TypeError: Error #1009: Cannot access a property or method of a null object reference.
at new_portfolio_fla::index_3/initImages()

I've been looking up forums to see how I can fix this, but nothing is really helping..I even tried debugging to locate the issues, but they haven't been very helpful to me because of my lack of scripting knowledge.

If I provided the scripts + flash files, would anyone be so kind to help me, please? I'm getting super frustrated and desperate..
Azoturia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 07:20 PM   #2
Scearezt
Satisfied User

Lightbulb

#2006: Means that you try to get an array's element that doesn't exist. e.g.:
ActionScript Code:
var myArray:Array = new Array(0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9); trace(myArray[10]);
#1009: Means that you're trying to access to a not existing object.
Scearezt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 07:21 PM   #3
arkitx

Check your File in debug.

arkitx

Last edited by arkitx; 05-31-2012 at 10:38 PM.
arkitx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 07:50 PM   #4
Azoturia

@Scearezt - I think through the debugging mode, I think I was able to locate the area of the Child, but I'm still kind of confused as to how to fix it..some of the other parts of the files that concern with the #2006 error, I'm still quite confused a lot actually. And while looking at the other forums and just basic Googling, I know what the #1009 error meant also, but I can't seem to locate the issue if that makes sense. >_<

@arkitx - Thanks for giving me some of your time for your help! I sent you a sendspace.com link with my files compressed so you can take a look at it. I'm not sure if giving you the original demo files that I downloaded would help also, but if you need it, let me know.
Old 05-31-2012, 09:54 PM   #5
Scearezt
Satisfied User

Lightbulb

If you're using Adobe Flash Creative Suit, then select File->Publish Settings->Permit Debugging.
Old 06-01-2012, 05:36 PM   #6
Azoturia

I'm now getting a compiler error 1120..

According to the error, I'm getting an undefined property at line 20 at the _index=index; but when I'm looking at my flash file, I have my instance names as "index". Help? :T

ActionScript Code:
package {     import flash.display.*;     import flash.system.Security;     import se.funkyjones.components.CustomFullscreenScroller;     import com.pixelbreaker.ui.osx.MacMouseWheel;         // Importing my LightBox Class     import se.funkyjones.components.LightBox;         public class LightBoxDemo extends MovieClip {         // Declaring my LightBox to an identifier         public static var lightbox:LightBox;                 public static var scroller:CustomFullscreenScroller;         public static var _index:Object;                 public function LightBoxDemo():void {             stage.scaleMode = StageScaleMode.NO_SCALE;             MacMouseWheel.setup( stage );             _index = index;                         scroller = new CustomFullscreenScroller();             addChild(scroller);                                     lightbox = new LightBox();             lightbox.x = 892.925;             lightbox.y = 301.075;             addChild(lightbox); ;         }             } }
Old 06-02-2012, 11:33 AM   #7
Scearezt
Satisfied User

Lightbulb

Why _index is an Object? I don't get it what you're trying to do with the index property. Can you explain it?

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: