Home Tutorials Forums Articles Blogs Movies Library Employment Press
Old 06-06-2012, 10:04 PM   #1
superdenverdoug
King o' The Newbs

Red face [AS3] Mysteriously Switching Radio Buttons

This is my first post here, so hello! I'm an intermediate coder looking for a bit of help, and I would appreciate it if someone could help me figure out where I can improve.

I'm coding in AS3 and have some script that I'm using to calculate a minimum credit card payment for different types of credit cards. I have a space for a user to enter in their balance (bal_text), three radio buttons (named sig, plat, and ret) to select the card type, and a submit button (calculate_btn). I've used Math.round to round out my payments to whole dollar amounts. If the minimum payment due is less than $35, the payment will display as $35. I have a dynamic text field, min_text, that displays the payment due. Here's my script:

ActionScript Code:
import flash.events.MouseEvent; stop (); calculate_btn.addEventListener(MouseEvent.CLICK, calcMinDue); function calcMinDue(e:MouseEvent):void {     var minDue : Number;     if(sig.selected = true) {         minDue = Number(bal_text.text) * .1;         minDue = Math.round(minDue);         if (minDue < 35) {             minDue = 35;         }         min_text.text = "$" + String(minDue);     }     else if(plat.selected = true) {         minDue = Number(bal_text.text) * .05;         minDue = Math.round(minDue);         if (minDue < 35) {             minDue = 35;         }         min_text.text = "$" + String(minDue);     }     else if(ret.selected = true) {         minDue = Number(bal_text.text) * .05;         minDue = Math.round(minDue);         if (minDue < 35) {             minDue = 35;         }         min_text.text = "$" + String(minDue);     } }

The math side of things is working fine (which, for me, is a big win). All the payments calculate and work the way I expect them to. The problem is that if I select any radio button other than "sig," Flash changes my selection to the "sig" radio button and performs the proper calculation when I press my calculate_btn.

Any thoughts on what's going on here?

Last edited by superdenverdoug; 06-06-2012 at 10:08 PM. Reason: wrong starting place for AS tag
superdenverdoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 12:42 AM   #2
Sonny

There is nothing so mysterious about it
change
ActionScript Code:
if(sig.selected = true)
to
ActionScript Code:
if(sig.selected == true)
or
ActionScript Code:
if(sig.selected)
and do the same for all the if statements

Last edited by Sonny; 06-07-2012 at 12:46 AM.
Sonny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 02:28 PM   #3
superdenverdoug
King o' The Newbs

Ah, overlooking the obvious. My specialty.

Thanks!
superdenverdoug is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: