Home Tutorials Forums Articles Blogs Movies Library Employment Press
Old 06-12-2012, 01:54 PM   #1
SpindizZzy

Red face .swf in 'fluid design' website

Small issue with a Banner:

I’m using a component in a ‘Fluid design’ website, so i’ve put the code in a Div tag. It noww scales down if i reduce the window size of my browser (on my laptop 1366 x 768)

However, if i look at the page on a bigger monitor (1920×1080), it does not scale up

I’ve been messing with different height & width settings in the ‘Embed’-line ( swfobject.embedSWF(“imagegrid/imagegrid.swf”, “BannerFX”,“1000”, “600” , “9.0.0”, false, flashvars, params);

AND in the settings.xml

<componentHeight value=“1000”/> <componentWidth value=“1650”/>

I found out that the settings.xml sets height & width for the animation (or component) INSIDE a box, and that the size of that box is decided by the “1000” & “600” in my ‘Embed’-line. You’ve already told me that setting percentages doesn’t work, but the new ‘Fluid-design in DW CS6 also accepts sizes in pixels.

I also tried different params.scale = “”; settings (default, exactFit, noScale & noBorder), to try to get this to work, but no succes…

How can i make my animation big enough and make it fit in its (invisible) box, so that is rescales to whatever size monitor/tablet/phone it is shown on ??

Please see the site below for code & visuals

users.telenet.be/moniquetevenie/galerij2.html
All help more than welcome, since I've pulled out quite some of my hair by now ...
Thanks in advance !!
SpindizZzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 04:48 PM   #2
dcostarobert156
Body Massage | Laser Hair

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpindizZzy View Post
Small issue with a Banner:

I’m using a component in a ‘Fluid design’ website, so i’ve put the code in a Div tag. It noww scales down if i reduce the window size of my browser (on my laptop 1366 x 768)

However, if i look at the page on a bigger monitor (1920×1080), it does not scale up

I’ve been messing with different height & width settings in the ‘Embed’-line ( swfobject.embedSWF(“imagegrid/imagegrid.swf”, “BannerFX”,“1000”, “600” , “9.0.0”, false, flashvars, params);

AND in the settings.xml

<componentHeight value=“1000”/> <componentWidth value=“1650”/>

I found out that the settings.xml sets height & width for the animation (or component) INSIDE a box, and that the size of that box is decided by the “1000” & “600” in my ‘Embed’-line. You’ve already told me that setting percentages doesn’t work, but the new ‘Fluid-design in DW CS6 also accepts sizes in pixels.

I also tried different params.scale = “”; settings (default, exactFit, noScale & noBorder), to try to get this to work, but no succes…

How can i make my animation big enough and make it fit in its (invisible) box, so that is rescales to whatever size monitor/tablet/phone it is shown on ??

Please see the site below for code & visuals

users.telenet.be/moniquetevenie/galerij2.html
All help more than welcome, since I've pulled out quite some of my hair by now ...
Thanks in advance !!
After reading your problem i can tell you that don't depend on Fluid-design in DW CS6 as whatever you coding some of the browsers or screen does not support so i recommend you to check your website once again & if you have css file try to Auto the width & height.
dcostarobert156 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: