Home Tutorials Forums Articles Blogs Movies Library Employment Press
Old 06-04-2012, 09:48 AM   #1
kranek

Angry Help with sound timing?

Hey I'm making a music program in flash that has beats and vocals that you add, and click each button to play them to make a song. so far i got everything set up and the buttons work fine, but the problem i have is that the timing is a little bit off. when I click on one, it seems to be on time, but is off a fraction of a second, usually about .3-.5 of a second which makes this flash program useless, as it is off too far of a margin to sync the music with the other music/vocals.

the looping seems fine as far as speed, i tried many settings, i used WAV files and encoded them with the one in Flash MX (mp3 encoder) at 80kbps which goes great and loops at perfect speed. However, when you click on the songs, they don't load fast enough, even though they loop at perfect speed seamlessly.

I was hoping I could get some help on this, the only thing I can think of which I'm about to try now is to change the settings on this if i can figure it out, I have the

on (press) {
playSound = new Sound(this);
playSound.attachSound("song1");
playSound.start(0, 99);
}

attachSound seems to be the problem? since it loops fine, is it reloading the file again???? or what else could I do to fix this problem? thanks
kranek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 09:05 AM   #2
Cocco Bill

Your framerate may be too low. I think in order to not notice lag you have to go really high. Also, make sure your samples don't start with silence
Cocco Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 01:31 PM   #3
M_Z_M

Dear Kranek, Pardon me, I may not have the experience to help you in the issue but I hope what Cocco Bill posted help. Actually you used a wave file as you said, so If you can help me on how to read from an audio Wave file to use it in flash builder Mic program environment I will be so thankful, pardon me again and thanks for the help in advance. Regards,
M_Z_M is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: