Home Tutorials Forums Articles Blogs Movies Library Employment Press
Old 09-14-2003, 06:02 PM   #1
GetPhat

Question Help plz

Ok, i am new here but it looks like a good place to get help with flash since i cant find any others.... I am trying to design a webpage in flash... but when i preview it, it repeatadly shifts from one scene to another insead of only doing that when i click a link... the only way i could find that will make it so i can link is this... I have two scenes, one is for my index and another for my downloads page and then it goes back and forth between the two scenes and i cant figure out how to make it only go to a page when i click on the link
GetPhat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2003, 09:14 PM   #2
doublethink

avoid using scenes altogether.

its a lot more trouble then its worth.

the best way to acomplish what you want is two methods.

A) Use the Timeline. Make use of Gotoandplay(2) to move around between the areas of your site, and make sure each area has a Stop command on it, so it will freeze there.

B) This one is harder but better. Make an Index.swf that only has one frame. In that one frame it will load all the different sections of your site using the loadMovie command. It is harder to grasp, but in the end its more like html.

There are other ways to but your best bet is to read the tutorials on this site to get yourself started. Good luck and dont get frustrated.
doublethink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2003, 01:02 PM   #3
webguy

Send a message via ICQ to webguy Send a message via AIM to webguy

A) Use the Timeline. Make use of Gotoandplay(2) to move around between the areas of your site, and make sure each area has a Stop command on it, so it will freeze there.

It is best to use frame labels, as if you were to add a frame in front of some of the frame calls, you will have to go through and edit all of your goToAndStops and goToAndPlays.

ActionScript Code:
gotoAndStop("frameName");

web
Old 09-15-2003, 08:36 PM   #4
GetPhat

Ok.. i do not undersatnd how to do any of the 3 suggested ways to do this... i am a 100% newb to flash (last night i just recently make a circle go around a screen expanding then shrink back to normal size when at the end of the square...(i believe that is pretty easy)) so if either of you or someone else could explain those more in depth it would be greatly appreciated...
GetPhat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2003, 11:48 PM   #5
doublethink

go here:

http://www.kirupa.com/developer/mx/full_site.htm

and the tutorials on this site will help you too. im afriad people will have trouble helping you bc the basics cant be explained in question-answer format, it would take forever :P good luck.
Old 09-19-2003, 11:49 PM   #6
doublethink

if you have any troubles with that tutorial, post them in this thread, and ill try to help you out.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: