Home Tutorials Forums Articles Blogs Movies Library Employment Press
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-11-2001, 12:32 AM   #1
Marigold

Send a message via AIM to Marigold
Default Playing an MC in one frame from another frame.

Hi all.

Due to the interesting way that the client wants the site to look and because they are very keen on retaining the functionality of the browser's "back" button, I've run into a wall.

I have two navigation frames, a main display frame, and a sub-display frame. When I roll over a button in a navigation frame, I want a descriptive text MC to play in the sub-display frame, and I'm still kinda new so I have no idea where to begin.

I'm able to create the MC and to get it to display on rollover (of course), and I know how to use getURL to change html with swf in other frames (targeting), but have no clue as to how to trigger an MC in another swf in another frame from a button in the navigation frame.

Someone at another message board sent me this:
http://www.ashzfall.com/examples/flash/fscom/

I found this to be fairly cryptic, though probably useful if I can constantly check for the presence of a certain variable sent from the navigation frame to the sub-display frame. I'm having a hard time puzzling this out as I have zero JavaScript and/or FSCommand experience. A Google search turned up a lot of the same type of tutorial.

Any advice is greatly appreciated.
Marigold is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: