Home Tutorials Forums Articles Blogs Movies Library Employment Press
Old 04-01-2005, 04:15 AM   #11
DaVuLf
teh new guy

Send a message via MSN to DaVuLf

You know what I just realized? I didn't check off the 'notify me of replies' option. No wonder I didn't know people were sending stuff.

Well, at least I know people here are definately friendly. Although I don't have a TON of posts over at FK (about 530 since feb '04) I still hope that starting at 0 doesn't affect the level of help that I can expect from here.

I definately don't know everything [and don't even fit in the same species with AS gods like oldnewbie] but I try to help out wherever I can.

I hope this can be a nicer more helpful home [as recently I haven't been getting any replies to my FK inquiries].

Thanks for the welcome and the acceptance of my rant.
DaVuLf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2005, 06:25 AM   #12
tg
done

i think most folks here just reply to questions without paying attention to your post count... but to help you our read this thread: http://www.actionscript.org/forums/s...ighlight=reply
if you do most of these most folks won't pay attention to post counts... if you don't, they may check (i know i do).... but if its a good question, you will likely get a good response from many folks.

we like people here.
tg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2005, 02:51 PM   #13
pixelwit
village halfwit

I don't know... Some of the Mods around here can be rather persnickety. Just my personal experience.

-PiXELWiT
http://www.pixelwit.com
Old 04-01-2005, 05:45 PM   #14
BadBadNeil

Send a message via AIM to BadBadNeil

I haven't had much experience with the mods there (i typically just use the search function in forums without asking for help unless really needed) however the flashkit website is severely outdated. I view the internet in 1600x1200 on a 22"+ monitor and the layout still has huge banners blocking parts of the navigation or pushing elements out so that printing doesn't work. They also have slow servers because on both T1 and cable connections I get very slow speed and sometimes timeout errors in the forums. I try to avoid it when possible and visit here or kirupa.
BadBadNeil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2005, 06:05 PM   #15
catbert303

Quote:
Originally Posted by annexion
Yep, most of them are pretty pompous and arrogant. Based on what? I don't know. For the most part I think they spend all of their waking hours sitting on that forum building some semblance of a social life. It's like the "cool kids" in high school. They downright believe they run the show and they sh*t gold. But at the end of the day they're just members of some over-populated, under-managed, non-realtime chat room. Yeah, and by the way, they're all rich, have hot girlfriends, drive fancy cars and know more than everyone else. Just ask them, they'll tell you.

DaVulf, I'll bet it was Markp.com wasn't it? That guy is a turd.
whatever... i'm off to drive my fancy car over to my hot girlfirends place...

catbert303 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2005, 06:23 PM   #16
[Sx]
>Teaching in Progress<

Send a message via ICQ to [Sx] Send a message via MSN to [Sx] Send a message via Yahoo to [Sx]

Hey, catbert303, just because I gave you one of my fancy cars and gfs to enjoy the afternoon, that doesn't mean you can entitle them as your own
Old 04-03-2005, 06:32 PM   #17
catbert303

That would probably be safer, I don't think i've driven a car in at least the last 5 years
catbert303 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: