Home Tutorials Forums Articles Blogs Movies Library Employment Press
Old 06-11-2007, 03:47 PM   #1
motion2

Unhappy problem with saving RSO on FMS

Ok, so I followed the Adobe DOCS and did everything that is said for Persistent RSO.

Here is the code
Code:
    var my_nc:NetConnection = new NetConnection();
    var Instance:String = "rtmp:/storyboard/One/"
    my_nc.connect(Instance);
    var remote_so:SharedObject = SharedObject.getRemote("panel", my_nc.uri, "/storyboard");
    remote_so.connect(my_nc);
    remote_so.data.test = "test"
    trace (remote_so.data.test)
it seems to be working when the SWF is running, and it traces the data. However in the FMS Console, I don't see any "SharedObjects" listed under the SharedObjects tab, so I assume it's not saving properly.

and second, when I close the SWF and remove " remote_so.data.test = "test"", and run the SWF again in order to see if the data is actually saved on the server, I get undefined.

so it seems that this data is not persistent, and that when I close my SWF it's either deleted, or it's not even saved at all on the FMS.

Anyone have any ideas? I hope that I explained the problem clearly, if you need me to elaborate, feel free to ask.

Thanks for your help.
motion2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007, 03:53 PM   #2
motion2

Default problem with saving RSO on FMS

Ok, so I followed the Adobe DOCS and did everything that is said for Persistent RSO.

Here is the code
Code:
    var my_nc:NetConnection = new NetConnection();
    var Instance:String = "rtmp:/storyboard/One/"
    my_nc.connect(Instance);
    var remote_so:SharedObject = SharedObject.getRemote("panel", my_nc.uri, "/storyboard");
    remote_so.connect(my_nc);
    remote_so.data.test = "test"
    trace (remote_so.data.test)
it seems to be working when the SWF is running, and it traces the data. However in the FMS Console, I don't see any "SharedObjects" listed under the SharedObjects tab, so I assume it's not saving properly.

and second, when I close the SWF and remove " remote_so.data.test = "test"", and run the SWF again in order to see if the data is actually saved on the server, I get undefined.

so it seems that this data is not persistent, and that when I close my SWF it's either deleted, or it's not even saved at all on the FMS.

Anyone have any ideas? I hope that I explained the problem clearly, if you need me to elaborate, feel free to ask.

Thanks for your help.
motion2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: