Awesome! Thanks a million Josh. Got it working.
I didn't know if I was going down the right path or not. It turns out that the reason I hadn't gotten it working was that I didn't understand that making the namespace like so:
forces me to put the files in a different folder so flexBuilder finds them. In the end I just made my name space like this:
so I can leave my .as Class files in the same directory. Since I am the only guy who will ever see this before it becomes a SWF, I assume that the namespace equalling "*" doesn't really affect anything.
Aside: Hey, I looked at your blog. I'll look for your presentation at MAX. Have fun. And thanks again for your post.