Home Tutorials Forums Articles Blogs Movies Library Employment Press
Old 06-02-2008, 03:23 PM   #1
JPritchett

Default Game Math

Hey everbody,

I'm looking for some help in creating a game. I've reached a point near the end of the game and my client asked for something that is over my head concerning my (lack of) actionscript skills.

In any case the game is a simple drag and drop game to allow young kids to measure items with "non-standard" units. Like using a pencil or a donut to measure a book. The item to be measured is on one side and the items to measure with are on the other. The goal is to drag and drop the measurement items to the "item to be measured" until the correct amount is chosen.

The main "character" in the game is a robot. The client would like a jointed robot art to follow the mouse movements of the User when the user is manipulating the items. This will require a claw "hand" becoming the "mouse" and the geometry of the elbow and "biceps" or upper arm will remain attached (and possibly grow) and be restrained to the character (who resides in the corner) and exhibit the correct geometry.
the hand doesn't need to open/close or actually "grab" the items, it just needs to follow the mouse and behave logically without extending to a point where the arm is not attached to the character.
I've bounced all around this solution, but don't have the background in AS or math to solve the prob. I'd be willing to pay someone to help as well!

To see the game to date: http://www.graphic-action.com/clients/takscopesGame/

thanks,

J
JPritchett is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: